The MT-07 Forum

Is it Flock, a Gaggle or a Murder of FZs?

n2shotokai

• Premium Member

Next run Saturday 7/11/15.
@roadrunner I will ride with you, behind or in front. We can go whatever speed you are comfortable with. I know where we are going so we can take our time.
All, may I suggest everyone ride at the speed they like but we stopped periodically and do a headcount. I was counting heads the entire time last Sunday and checking with my buddy on the com on what I could not see .
FZfanboy also did a great job while leading and slowing down so people caught up.

@invisiblekawiguy thanks for the tips! It wasn't my first time on this bike, I went up by myself a week before. Kinda still didn't like it either, though that time it might have been cause I was there at the hottest time of the day lol. It was my first time on the detour road. I actually liked most of that part, but mainly cause of the scenery, it was awesome!! I'd love to go back and go slowly or make lots of stops to take it in. It's also only my second week riding this bike after 2 years of no riding lol. I'll probably go back but earlier in the morning to enjoy the scenery minus the heat lol. And get more used to riding again

I'm seriously considering that class too. Thanks for the link!

@n2shotokai thats another thing that made me nervous, riding together. In the sense that sometimes I could take the turn way faster than I actually was, but I held back cause I didn't wanna get to close to the rider in front of me. Other times I felt nervous going slower cause I knew the guy behind me could go much faster, but I was holding him up (again thanks so much @invisiblekawiguy for being so cool about it)

It was my first group ride ever lol. I'd definitely take you up on your offer to go at slower speeds! I don't want to go slow, just at a speed where I can look around occasionally and enjoy the scenery, maybe stop a few times. Probably better if you go ahead of me, I'll follow your lead. Thanks so much!

• Premium Member

WHHAADDDUPPP @invisiblekawiguy!!
So the 09 or the street triple is what it's down to, huh? Can't wait to see what you decide!!

And @roadrunner, like I stated during breakfast, @ch3rryghost, my GF, and I will be doing a skillzday on Sunday, the 12th. Hit up Jeff and let us know if you're down to join. I know it might be bit of drive for you, but maybe you can find someone who lives closer to sleep over the night before? If not, you can always see what other arrangement you can make with him. He'll even do solo days if you don't mind taking a class alone.

The class will be great to get you more comfortable with getting smooth on the bike and get a wealth of knowledge about anything from Jeff (i.e. dealing with uneven patches of road, etc.).

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

roadrunner
Hmmm, never been to Angeles Crest. Is it worth the ride up from San Diego?

Probably not. There's gotta be comparable roads around San Diego. I think so many go to ACH here simply because we don't have many options lol.

• Premium Member

Hey guys, looks like I'm headed your way tomorrow...

I convinced a buddy of mine to make the trip with me, so we'll be riding ACH tomorrow (July 11th) and having lunch at Newcombs Ranch!!!

We'll be leaving Vegas at 6am, so I think that'll put us at HWY 2 on the Wrightwood side about 9:30 - 10 ish probably.

I'd love to meet up/ride with you guys!

:)

- Paulie

Archived