The MT-07 Forum

Home made rear sets

scordiaboy515

A heads up guys....the brake side assembly on ABS models cannot go back further than the brake hose will allow....30mm max.
On non ABS there is a lot more possible adjustment

• 1 month later...

+1,+2 is a LOT. With a little abstraction to the design you can probably come up with a plate that can be flipped and the upper holes on a short arc so that you can get a variety of intermediary positions.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

I was just saying +1 like as in me being in agreement with that post lol.

I'm sure someone could find a way to make these plates.

I think Driven makes them for the R3?

• Premium Member

Wow, nicely made bits! Very professional looking.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Good job, looks nice! I wish I had my own machine shop. I used to belt sand and polish knee implants and loved that kind of work. How much to make a person a set like that?

Beemer

scordiaboy515
Good job, looks nice! I wish I had my own machine shop. I used to belt sand and polish knee implants and loved that kind of work. How much to make a person a set like that?
If I had the means to make a few sets I would, but I don't have any access to any machine tools.....for my own projects 

If I had the means to make a few sets I would, but I don't have any access to any machine tools.....for my own projects
Understood, thanks anyway, bro!

Beemer

Well @howlinhoss, come up with some dimensions and I'll fire up the mill. I got plenty of AL flat.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Well @howlinhoss, come up with some dimensions and I'll fire up the mill. I got plenty of AL flat.
I would take a set.
Yes. 
Send me the price and I'll even pre-order lol.

• 2 weeks later...
scordiaboy515
Well @howlinhoss , come up with some dimensions and I'll fire up the mill. I got plenty of AL flat.
   Didn't somebody try this already..........what happened with that? 

• Global Moderator
I remember WickedTwister was thinking about making some however some personal things came up.
Personal issues came up and he also couldnt locate a supplier to do the machining for a reasonable price. He mentioned one quote for 200 a side unfinished

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

sheeet, I can have them made for about $20 a pair by a place in NJ. about 25 day turn-around. In quantites of 20-30 sets. I just need dimensions y'all. Of course I can prototype the first one to make sure the dims are sound.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Bueller? Bueller? Anybody with a measuring stick and 15 minutes? I can then get a firm price quote.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Bueller? Bueller? Anybody with a measuring stick and 15 minutes? I can then get a firm price quote.

Just PM me how and what to measure for what you need and I will send the numbers with pictures even.

• 5 months later...
sirlightyear

I would definitely be interested as well. Not in the mode to fork out 400usd for rearsets.

Sir LightYear

sirlightyear

I just found this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adjustable-Rearsets-Foot-Rest-Peg-Step-Rear-Set-For-2013-2016-YAMAHA-MT-07-FZ-07-/351639953265?fits=Model%3AFZ07&var=&hash=item51df5fdf71:m:maByUf4ElJJJOGIQTSiZwNw&vxp=mtr

and this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adjustable-Rearsets-Foot-Rest-Peg-Rear-Set-For-Yamaha-MT-07-FZ-07-2013-2016-/291707281586?var=&hash=item43eb1be0b2:m:m83M_JoNGgUTO2bzv8DLXPQ&vxp=mtr

what do you guys think? What can be the worst case scenario when buying rearsets this cheap?

EDIT: Sorry guys, I just did a quick search and there is already thread about them. In case anyone's interested: http://fz07.org/thread/4505/theses-rearsets?page=2

I think I'll go for them

Sir LightYear

• Premium Member
wickedtwister
I remember WickedTwister was thinking about making some however some personal things came up.
Personal issues came up and he also couldnt locate a supplier to do the machining for a reasonable price. He mentioned one quote for 200 a side unfinished
That was a 2 day turnout for fully cnc'ed out of a block of aluminum. I could have gotten them cheaper in quantity. I made mine on a desktop cnc machine that does ok but takes about 3 hours start to finish. Would be no way for me to make money on those on that machine. Plus due to much increased work travel I'm was just not able to stay a supporting vendor.

Ill make myself another set over the summer when things calm down a bit.

@pattonme what dimensions do you need? I can ship you a set out of acrylic or even cut a test set out on a laser cutter. Would be out of 1/4. Thats about all it will cut and have lots of it laying around.

I've been looking for a reason to play with the new rapid prototype machine at work. Wonder if they would notice if i snuck some personal stuff in on a layout? Would be cheaper to buy a set of giles rearsets than to pay for these things of the rp machine. Haha.

• Global Moderator
That was a 2 day turnout for fully cnc'ed out of a block of aluminum. I could have gotten them cheaper in quantity. I made mine on a desktop cnc machine that does ok but takes about 3 hours start to finish. Would be no way for me to make money on those on that machine. Plus due to much increased work travel I'm was just not able to stay a supporting vendor.  
Ill make myself another set over the summer when things calm down a bit.

@pattonme what dimensions do you need? I can ship you a set out of acrylic or even cut a test set out on a laser cutter. Would be out of 1/4. Thats about all it will cut and have lots of it laying around.

I've been looking for a reason to play with the new rapid prototype machine at work. Wonder if they would notice if i snuck some personal stuff in on a layout? Would be cheaper to buy a set of giles rearsets than to pay for these things of the rp machine. Haha.
Gilles sets dont move em back far enough..
though the pegs are awesome sliders
having the plates on there as well allowed them to act as a shock of sorts... let the slider and plate bend in to absorb the impact instead of bending the frame

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Archived