The MT-07 Forum

so which exhaust wins on the dyno?

howworkclutch

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

has there been a shootout yet?

-HowWorkClutch

I tried asking the same thing in the "performance exhaust rant thread" and no clear answer. Dobeck could probably compare their graphs from tuning and see which gives the most gains. I expect that all exhausts are very very close to each other

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

Dobeck performance sells almost every exhaust for the FZ-07 and Mr Dobeck invented the Dynojet Dyno. Go to their supporting vendor board on here and they have accurate dyno charts for most of the exhausts. The info on their board in different exhaust threads.

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

except for one, they're all pretty much the same.

-HowWorkClutch

• Premium Member

Pretty sure sure Arrow put out the biggest top end gain.

Everything went braap.

2wheeldynoworks

The best results we've seen to date is full Yoshimura exhaust. According to the EJK website, Akrapovic had the highest numbers on their graphs.

Awesome. I just bought the Akra system. Nels I'll be calling you to set something up after it comes in

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

i'm coming up with approx lengths for short-pipe exhausts of 41" and long-pipe exhausts of 55".

if anyone has a measuring tape and either an arrow full, akr ti full, or a yosh full, could you please measure the length of the exhaust from engine manifold to opening? i'm using some image manipulation to determine lengths, but i need a set of control numbers to calculate error rate.

-HowWorkClutch

Measuring with a dog leash and a tape measure I get approx. 46" from the block to the end of the can on my gosh full system. It is probably a little less than that as you are measuring on the outside bend radius on some of the bends.

• Premium Member
i'm coming up with approx lengths for short-pipe exhausts of 41" and long-pipe exhausts of 55". 
if anyone has a measuring tape and either an arrow full, akr ti full, or a yosh full, could you please measure the length of the exhaust from engine manifold to opening? i'm using some image manipulation to determine lengths, but i need a set of control numbers to calculate error rate.
I measure approx 54" on my arrow full, but it is smokin hot at the moment. When it cools down i can get you something more accurate if you like

• Premium Member
howworkclutch
I measure approx 54" on my arrow full, but it is smokin hot at the moment. When it cools down i can get you something more accurate if you like
yes please. no hurry as i'm going out of town tomorrow and can't do anything with the data. there is one inch difference between the number i came up with and what you measured. that means the % of error is fairly small. 
jasons 46" measurement is curious. either my short-pipe measurements are off, or the gosh full system is tuned for something outside the norms, or the arrow system is a bit off. i wish i had time/tools to degree the exhaust cam and lay this all to rest.

-HowWorkClutch

• Premium Member
yes please. no hurry as i'm going out of town tomorrow and can't do anything with the data. there is one inch difference between the number i came up with and what you measured. that means the % of error is fairly small. 
jasons 46" measurement is curious. either my short-pipe measurements are off, or the gosh full system is tuned for something outside the norms, or the arrow system is a bit off. i wish i had time/tools to degree the exhaust cam and lay this all to rest.

Sure thing. Will get exact measurement after dinner for ya

• Premium Member

Well its actually 61" when i follow the pipes from the header flange back to muffler outlet with a piece of wire following the curves. Hope that helps

Archived