The MT-07 Forum

Where are you riding on July 4th weekend?

ladyfz

Anybody making plans for a good ole' American road trip for the (hopefully 3-day) July 4th weekend?

The hubs (ridin' a WR250R) and I are tossin' around a couple of routes. Riding through the Adirondacks sounds like a grand time, anybody every done it? Maybe if the stock seat doesn't turn my arse to stone x_x we'll push on up to Montreal.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Hubs and I have a great moto trip planned. We're riding the yammies through the Napa wine country to our beloved Mendocino coast for five days. My brother (who rides a Spyder) is meeting us there too. Lots of coastal riding and barbecued salmon.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member

I'm going to RRRRREEEEEDDDDDBBBBUUUUUDDDDD to watch the mx races on sat the 4th...my vacation is from next wed to Monday night...I forsee a lot of seat time on the fz since I fractured a rib or two on sunday from riding dirt bikes...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Hubs and I have a great moto trip planned. We're riding the yammies through the Napa wine country to our beloved Mendocino coast for five days. My brother (who rides a Spyder) is meeting us there too. Lots of coastal riding and barbecued salmon.
Your trip sounds fun! I'm jealous of all you California peeps, so many beautiful locales within reach. Definitely want to revisit the Redwood Forest on bikes at some point, it's just absolutely stunning.  

@norcal616 Ouch, having too much fun? hehe What happened?

My husband just took a dirt bike riding course in Jerz and he is now hooked. Already signed up for the advanced course. Now he's got me uber curious, looks like a ton of fun! Minus the cracked ribs...

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

My girlfriend and I are taking the fz07 and z1000 from middle Alabama to the gulf coast for a day at beach. Then on to New Orleans for the experience on the fourth haha

• Premium Member

Ooo yea it was fun and I'm okay, not the first time it's happened... It was my own fault it happened, I should have remembered I was on a demo bike and not my bike and I forgot to use my chest protector that one time...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member

I will probably just cook meats over fire, float in my pool, and bitch about how 114 degrees is too hot to ride ATGATT in. :)

rotaryryan24

I'm gonna be riding the cooler and manning the grill, have some long time friends coming in from out of town.

You do or don't
Then your dead.

To order a tail tidy click
One-off-fabrication.myshopify.com

Putting the bike in the back of my truck and hauling it up to Northern MN for the weekend. My step-mother-in-law, brother in law, and 2x step-brother-in-laws all have bikes so we'll have a 5 bike family cruise haha.

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

getting lost in west virginia. no destination. no plans.

-HowWorkClutch

• Premium Member
phicurious86
getting lost in west virginia. no destination. no plans.
Wasn't this a theme for a movie?

or

Be careful. I've seen this film.

• Premium Member

Riding through Joshua Tree National Park and I'll head down the hill to run through Palm Springs/Coachella areas as well. Should be fun.

• Premium Member
Riding through Joshua Tree National Park and I'll head down the hill to run through Palm Springs/Coachella areas as well. Should be fun.
Sounds hot as hell.... HYDRATE!!  
As for me, the only riding I'll be doing is on the subways of NYC or in 4-wheeled vehicles. 

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

I'm very sad to report my husband's bike was STOLEN earlier tonight. MAJOR F'N SUCKAGE. He had a disk lock alarm and a heavy Kryptonite chain, chained up to a pole outside his office building. Broad-f'n-daylight man. I feel terrible for him, he's so brokenhearted... :(

• Premium Member

Bike thieves are equal to horse thieves...grrrr...make em walk the plank... What kind of bike was it???

Bike thieves are equal to horse thieves...grrrr...make em walk the plank... What kind of bike was it???

Cut off their thievin hands! It's a WR250R. And not covered by insurance unfortunately didn't have the comprehensive. Ugh!

howlinhoss

Post this on Facebook pages like Revzilla and Motorcyclist. They always try to help out. By blasting it out to their followers they were able to recover a kids stolen dirt bike within a week.

• Premium Member

Working, but I'll be thinking of you guys having fun as I do my 45 mile round trip commute. Those are fantastic pics by the way. I'm kinda jealous :)

EDIT: just read about the theft. I'm very sorry. That is so frustrating. That is something I have not considered too much since I bought my bike. I have no chain, no disc lock. I just lock the steering. I do have comprehensive only because I have to for financing.  Databyter

Databyter

I've got a clear stretch of weather ahead and hoping to do in excess of 2000 kms in the next few days. Going to revisit my old stomping grounds in the northern interior of British Columbia.

Sorry to hear about the stolen bike. I hate thieves. I may have to sleep beside my bike to keep it safe during my travels. I measured the handlebars and it should fit through a standard door way ... lol.

• Premium Member

Just chillin' on the 4th, but I'm riding with my brother on July 17 to Laguna Seca to see the World Superbike races. We're going West on Highway 198, North on Highway 101 a bit, then riding Carmel Valley Road to Highway 1 to Monterey.

• Premium Member
speedingtickets

Beware of the 150 million drunks in the USA that will be floating through red lights, road raging and pulling out into traffic without looking. If you are a new rider, leave the bike home. If you are one of those egotistical jackasses that does not wear a helmet, wear a helmet on weekends of the 4th and Labor Day, I was almost killed on Memorial Day too! No matter how experienced you are, you are only as good as the dummy in the cage next to you. I armor up like C3PO.

Archived