Sign in to follow this  
ladyfz

Where are you riding on July 4th weekend?

ladyfz
Anybody making plans for a good ole' American road trip for the (hopefully 3-day) July 4th weekend?

The hubs (ridin' a WR250R) and I are tossin' around a couple of routes. Riding through the Adirondacks sounds like a grand time, anybody every done it? Maybe if the stock seat doesn't turn my arse to stone x_x we'll push on up to Montreal.

• Like 1

hippiebikerchick
Hubs and I have a great moto trip planned. We're riding the yammies through the Napa wine country to our beloved Mendocino coast for five days. My brother (who rides a Spyder) is meeting us there too. Lots of coastal riding and barbecued salmon.
  • Like 2

norcal616
I'm going to RRRRREEEEEDDDDDBBBBUUUUUDDDDD to watch the mx races on sat the 4th...my vacation is from next wed to Monday night...I forsee a lot of seat time on the fz since I fractured a rib or two on sunday from riding dirt bikes...
  • Like 2

ladyfz
Hubs and I have a great moto trip planned. We're riding the yammies through the Napa wine country to our beloved Mendocino coast for five days. My brother (who rides a Spyder) is meeting us there too. Lots of coastal riding and barbecued salmon.
Your trip sounds fun! I'm jealous of all you California peeps, so many beautiful locales within reach. Definitely want to revisit the Redwood Forest on bikes at some point, it's just absolutely stunning.  

ladyfz
@norcal616 Ouch, having too much fun? hehe What happened?

My husband just took a dirt bike riding course in Jerz and he is now hooked. Already signed up for the advanced course. Now he's got me uber curious, looks like a ton of fun! Minus the cracked ribs...
  • Like 1

wickedtwister
My girlfriend and I are taking the fz07 and z1000 from middle Alabama to the gulf coast for a day at beach. Then on to New Orleans for the experience on the fourth haha
  • Like 1

norcal616
Ooo yea it was fun and I'm okay, not the first time it's happened... It was my own fault it happened, I should have remembered I was on a demo bike and not my bike and I forgot to use my chest protector that one time...

bmwpowere36m3
Plan to be up in Bar Harbor… do it every year.

so1102
I will probably just cook meats over fire, float in my pool, and bitch about how 114 degrees is too hot to ride ATGATT in. :)
  • Like 2

rotaryryan24
I'm gonna be riding the cooler and manning the grill, have some long time friends coming in from out of town.
  • Like 1

Cruizin
I'm supposed to go dirtriding up Pinyon Peak in Idaho on the 4th. No fireworks of course due to fire risk but that's ok, I think wel'll have enough stuff to look at.

177299.jpg

pinyonpeak.jpg

7652422678_18bc49f8f0_o_d.jpg

771835.JPG

• Like 7

cavedog
Putting the bike in the back of my truck and hauling it up to Northern MN for the weekend. My step-mother-in-law, brother in law, and 2x step-brother-in-laws all have bikes so we'll have a 5 bike family cruise haha.
  • Like 4

howworkclutch
getting lost in west virginia. no destination. no plans.
  • Like 2

phicurious86
getting lost in west virginia. no destination. no plans.
Wasn't this a theme for a movie?

or

Be careful. I've seen this film.

nerd
Riding through Joshua Tree National Park and I'll head down the hill to run through Palm Springs/Coachella areas as well. Should be fun.
  • Like 1