The MT-07 Forum

National Cycle VStream Sport Windscreem review

lonerider

I just pick up a VStream Sport Windscreen today. I had to ride about 2 hours to get it. On the way back, with this screen, i had to look at my speed more often because i had less wind pressure on me. So doing 125 km/h (77 mph) was the same as doing 100 km/h (62 mph). I didn't notice any buffeting or increase of noise level. I'm 5'-11'' with 32" inseam.

The height of the screen is 30 cm (about 12"). National Cycle say that the screen's height is 6,5" higher than the top of the FZ07's tank. Installation was a breeze.

The only screen that i think is good looking is the Givi A2118. Because it's back order. I was looking for an alternative. National Cycle make 3 screens of different height for our FZ. I bought the sport one because it's tinted (good looking) and the height seems tall enough for me. Once, i bought a taller screen than the stock one for my KLR650. And it was a big mistake. Noise level was terrible. The Sport screen is higher than the Givi A2118 (compared with picture). The mounting is also different.

The National Cycle specific screens for the FZ-07 are expensive. But quality seems very good. They are cheaper screens. But i hate the look of some screen that look like similar of a front of plastic garbage can. In fact, i saw on a dualsport forum one guy who made a small windscreen from a plastic garbage can.

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

• Premium Member

I got the same one, but the middle height. There is Sport at the shorter end, and touring at the upper. You got sport, I got sport touring. I'll be sure to stop in and post how I like it when it gets here. Mine was backordered, in fact I don't think any of those have ever shipped, more like a pre-order.
Also, I got mine in "smoke" which is a very light tint. I didn't have any other choices, that was all they are offering at the moment. I lean towards clear.

Databyter

Databyter

• Premium Member

Thanks for the feedback (current and coming soon)... this is on my list (sport Touring size), but I really wanted to see some comments first. I have the Puig Touring size in Dark Smoke but it is a little Batman-like in its design, which looks nice but just isn't quite my style. It works great compared to nothing, however I would also prefer just a bit more wind blockage.

travisaurusrex

Do those of you who have used this screen, or any of the VStream sizes, have any updates? I am very curious about these screens.

I currently have the Puig screen (Touring size). It works great for reducing buffeting and keeping me on the bike at speed but it increased the amount of wind noise that I get by quite a bit. I would love to have a screen with less noise.

I have the Sport version since almost 2 weeks. Here's the bad thing for this screen. I end up with a lot of bugs on my helmet shield. But, my jacket is less a bug's yarget. So, the screen do his job to deflect wind. Surprisngly, the screen isn't full of dead bugs. The aerodynamic must be well design. The wind cleans those corpses.

I have to say that in strong winds and at highway speed, the efficiency is less obvious. Whatever wind's direction there's no effect on the bike (no turbulence). No helmet buffeting.

The Sport screen will not transform the 07 into a sport-touring bike. Because the screen is near the rider, I'm not convinced that a higher screen like the Touring screen would make the wind going over my helmet. I'm 5'-11". I think that the screen is too near the rider. But maybe for a shorter rider it would be different. For myself, i can't tuck behind the screen, because my head is too near the helmet and the noise is way too loud.

Another point to consider. Because the handlebar are wide, the screen would have to be wider 14.38" to really protect the rider from the wind blast. 3" wider from the Touring screen would be enough? I don't think so.

Canadians distributors didn't make the VStream screen available at the end of June. That's why i bought directly from National Cycle. For me the Sport screen is a good compromise. It lloks good and offer a protection way better than just a flyscreen. Hight screen on a naked bike for me is equal to awful look and helmet buffeting (from my very limited experience with screen).

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

Here's the last picture i took

11694742_10206360721950457_8525951567330735908_n.jpg?oh=36c62a85168836c998a153e5347b2a56&oe=5624897C
11705230_10206360698589873_9027428055938697390_n.jpg?oh=c729a9420d64b68a3caccecf1660b7e5&oe=560DCD36

Archived