Sign in to follow this  
captainbeard714

Dyno Tuned, O2 Opt, and Air Injection System Blocked Off :D

captainbeard714
Holy crap my bike is a smooth running, awesome sounding, power wheelie machine now!  Took it to R Cal Racing who is a certified Dynojet tuner.  He blocked off the air injection system and did a few little tricks elsewhere as well as custom settings on the O2 optimizer part of the Power Commander 5 system.  He then dyno tuned it to get the perfect air fuel ration and significantly increased throttle response and some over all power.  Bike is amazing now! And no more deceleration pop!  

Interesting to take note, I have the akrapovic exhaust with the dna filter and lid.  I had the exact fuel map for that setup loaded on the power commander from dynojets website and the air/fuel was still way off before he tuned it.  Happy now.  Ill try and scan the dyno results in later. 

fooschnickens
Interesting. Didn't know these bikes even had an AIS. Do you have any pictures of where it is? Is it the breather hose that goes from the airbox to the TB assembly?

ryan4130
Since it was dyno tuned, do you happen to have any dyno power specs/graphs?

fz07fanboy
The FZ-07 doesn't have an air injection system so whatever they told you they fed you a load of crap. Go back and ask them where they blocked it off at.

fooschnickens
The FZ-07 doesn't have an air injection system so whatever they told you they fed you a load of crap. Go back and ask them where they blocked it off at.
I'm gonna have to agree. Going by the parts fiche, there's only one hose going between the airbox and the throttle body, and it appears to be for the idle control valve. 

wickedtwister
There is also no Adjustment on the O2 Optimizer. It simply tricks the computer into running just a little bit richer over stock. 14.7 to 14.2 It does this by altering the voltage that is sent to the computer. At 14.7 it will send a voltage of around .45 volts the optimizer just changes this to say .4 volts to trick the computer into sending more fuel. Its a neat little box, but not adjustable.

norcal616
Maybe they took off the cali emissions junk and called it the "AIS"???

fooschnickens
Maybe, though I think the only difference is the additional evap canister under the tank. Seems like it'd be kinda hard to confuse a passive charcoal canister for an active solenoid bolted to the head... 

thomascrown
Sounds fishy. O2 optimizer is just a resistor, no SAI, and I can't imagine that particular tune being way off.

You should verify that actual changes to the tune were made. If you have afr readings from the dyno pre and post custom tune, or even the PCV custom map for us to compare to the "off the shelf" map, we could get to the bottom of this.

fz07fanboy
Well maybe if they actually did that and called it AIS then they have no clue. Maybe they just added a few horse power stickers to the bike and called it good =)

pgeldz
Hmm, the tune from DynoJet's site for your combo was actually from my bike, and it runs perfect. I've since had it tuned multiple times from someone else, and even they said the base map DynoJet made was extremely good.

Do you have the carbon or Ti Akra? Baffle in or baffle out? The map is for Ti, baffle out, just to let you know...

:)

- Paulie

norcal616
Screenshot_2015-06-24-00-10-26_zpsadvxwujh.png~320x480I'm thinking the so called " AIS" was the block of parts in the pic for cali only...

wickedtwister
I personally noticed dead spots in the off the shelf map myself. so its possible they just cleaned it up a bit. at 80%-100% throttle it was fine but in the area you actually drive in had some dead spots especially after pulling the baffle. Not saying this tuner is crappy but sometimes they will tell the un educated person anything to make them happy. If the OP likes the bike as is than it was money well spent.

fz07fanboy
Screenshot_2015-06-24-00-10-26_zpsadvxwujh.png~320x480I'm thinking the so called " AIS" was the block of parts in the pic for cali only...
That's just the charcoal filter canister system.

wickedtwister
Hmm, the tune from DynoJet's site for your combo was actually from my bike, and it runs perfect. I've since had it tuned multiple times from someone else, and even they said the base map DynoJet made was extremely good. 
Do you have the carbon or Ti Akra? Baffle in or baffle out? The map is for Ti, baffle out, just to let you know...

:)

- Paulie
Paulie,  I think Dynojet "dummed down" the off the shelf tune they posted for download.  Its possible what you had and what they posted didn't match 100%  at WOT it was fine and the AFR's were very safe but it had some drivability issues.  At least with me here in the southeast.  I know the stock map is pretty lean down low RPM's and rich up top.  I dont think the dynojet tune did enough for this lean condition down low.  its still safe but the drivablilty could have been better.  When i called and asked about your bike specifically they said they could not provide me with your exact tune and that they are not specific enough to work with everyones bike.  But rather a safe tune so people could get to a dyno tuner.  Not knocking Dynojet but they cant get into the business of offering a free specific tune to everyone who buys their PCV.  this is why they have the tuning center network.