The MT-07 Forum

Bright LED turnsignals?

bmwpowere36m3

bmwpowere36m3

Seems like most aftermarket LED turn signals put "looks" over "performance"... where their typically smaller than OE units, comes in various styles, are bright at night... BUT in the daytime are not nearly as bright as stock incandescent signals.
A lot of "popular turn signals are those spade, arrow, heart-shaped eBay/amazon specials that are right around the $10-30 mark for a set of four.  I have a similar set on my DRZ, just to be street-legal (mostly trail ride) and they are definitely not that bright during the day.  And their quality is questionable... a few knocks or water and they either fail or the lens cloud up, crack or fall off.  They seen to be "good" for a few years and that's it.
I heard Watsen or Proton flush-mounts are super bright and very high quality, but they come at a high price... Both around $200 for a set of four.  The Watsens are SUPER nice, but I don't care for the "flush" loon on the FZ... on a full-faired sportbike, Yes.  There are also Proton Zepto (stack format) at $200 and Kellermann at $300-400.
Is there a middle ground in the $100 mark that offer very bright signals in the "stalk" format?  I was looking at these: Oxford Eyeshot at Revzilla.

• Premium Member

Ive got the barracuda mini vipers which are incandescent bulbs still. They look good, and are much brighter than the leds i had bought first. They are pretty reasonable on motostarz.com. I think they were $50 pair

• Premium Member

I have the Oxford Eyeshot LED Columbia. They are bright, but i'm really not all that impressed with the quality. It says on the package they are "sealed for life" but after the first rain storm they went through i can see condensation inside of it. And while installing one of them i overtightened the nut and now the entire bolt stem going into the blinker turns with it. I'm not saying don't buy them, I bought these after ordering the blinkers suggested by Russian Rider on youtube, and those looked like absolute dog crap as far quality.

These Eyeshot's do look very sharp on my white FZ-07.

They were $39.95 per pair on Revzilla:
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/oxford-eyeshot-led-turn-signal-indicators-columbia

• 2 weeks later...

I have these and they are super bright.
Almost can't look at them from the front because they are so bright.
EBay #

• Global Moderator
I like these since they come with DRL too. I have not sprung for them yet. 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-Blinker-FRECCE-Clignotant-turn-signals-indicators-with-Daytime-Running-Light-/301009299434

Item location: Guangzhou, Guangdong, China

Can't tell if it's for a pair or just one?
according to the seller: :P

Quantity: 1 Pair (2 pcs)

• 4 months later...
  • Premium Member

Perhaps above your target price but the "Rizoma Avio21" are rather blinding on the bright scale. About $60 ea. (CDN) These are a real nice quality build as well.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

If you're still looking for signals, Watsen makes them for the 07/09 specifically. They are not flush mount. Price is just under $100 US

Ive got Rizoma Graffio signals and they are very very bright. At the same time expensive, but quality is outstanding and they are plug and play no cutting oem wiring.  

2nc1oap.jpg

Archived