The MT-07 Forum

New Member, New FZ-07 Rider

johnfznj

Just wanted to hi and introduce myself here. I'm John from North Jersey

I've been reading this forum for a while and I finally registered after I finally picked up my FZ-07 over the weekend.
Really great reads here while I spent almost a month trying to find my bike.

Here is my ride here, fresh after picking her up at the dealership.
11012499_10206060238520232_5039990873879205399_n.jpg?oh=0497fa0841ef43c2f7551a4746d73b86&oe=561FB2F3

Yoshimura Fender Eliminator kit, Motodynamic Smoke tail light, and Evotech radiator guard (back ordered though) have already been ordered here.

The only other thing I keep going back and forth on is exhaust. I like the M4 slip on, but if I'm going to be cutting the pipe anyway....why not just get a full system like the Yoshimura R77 or the Two Brothers set up.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome! Nice pic of your bike and be safe out there.

• Premium Member

Nice bike my friend! I'm originally from Jersey also!

Jealous of the awesome roads in the trisate area :)

Welcome to the forum!

- Paulie

• Premium Member

Welcome man!

In regards to the exhaust, I'm gonna end up likely going with the M4. For a few reasons...I like the way it sounds and it looks good. It is several hundred dollars cheaper, it doesn't produce noticeable difference in performance compared to any other full kit(im assuming this). The price of it leaves me at the same price point or even below with the exhaust and the EJK ($610 out the door). The downside....you have to cut your headers, and you will always see the new pipe clamped on to the old headers. In my opinion, if this was going to be my bike for the next 10 years I would likely spring on the akrapovic or two brothers but, in reality I will likely run up the miles on it before it comes to that point. So, can I live with the clamped pipe under the bike.....yes.

That is jut my rationale for the slip on vs full kit.

Thanks all.

Yeah, after thinking of all the options I myself am going to go the M4 route. I'm not playing the numbers game of performance gains or losses. I just want something that looks and sounds good. Many of my friends have M4 exhausts on their bikes and never had any issues with them.

I think I should have ordered stuff way before I even got my bike....looking for some sliders and places seem to be all out of stock.

Luckily the stuff I ordered should be here by the end of the week.....so if I have some time this weekend....I'll have some fun installing them.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome johnfznj! Nice bike and the fastest color too! Vote here.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member

Welcome!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Archived