The MT-07 Forum

New member, new rider, new bike, new vlog. Hi guys :)

Tyler Jane

howworkclutch

lol! You're a bad boy indeed but I'm not spanking you if that's what you were hoping for.

Beemer

Welcome to the forum Tyler Jane. I see you found me on YouTube already. I am a new moto vlogger as well. I checked out that Sena after seeing your video. I already have a GoPro, so I may get the Sena GoPro Backpack. Enjoy your new motorcycle. Ride safe. And keep those videos coming! :)

• Premium Member

Getting 2-2.5hrs with the camera running to me is excellent. Most other camera will get approx 2hrs or so recording time. At least its smart to shut off the camera so that you can still use the bluetooth features. Having the battery back to me is a good call. Since this will allow you to record longer you may need a bigger memory card. Is there an option you can setup for the SENA to overwrite the oldest data like the gopro?

• Premium Member

Welcome! Great color choice haha. I wasn't able to view the whole video... but the weather and the roads seem great up there! I'm in Berkeley/Oakland a few times a year sans the bikes, but man - If I ever get them up there, I'd love to check out those roads!

Congrats and great purchases. Nice to hear a review on the 10C. I have a GoPro Hero that has a 3 hour life span. I commute 2 hours a day, so I guess I wouldn't be charging it any more than I do now with it. BUT I also purchased the 20S when it came out last winter... so I won't be changing systems anytime soon.

As for vlogging, I tend to gravitate towards shorter videos (10 minutes or less). I usually don't have more time to commit to videos since I only get to check them out when I have time.

AND BTW. I really hate all the gender name calling. Anyone can be named whatever they want. SMH.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member

OH and I heard the bike goes faster when you remove that tank sticker  :D

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member

Welcome! Great color choice. I would definitely recommend using an alias for your channel name. There's some weird people out there.

Having the battery back to me is a good call. Since this will allow you to record longer you may need a bigger memory card. Is there an option you can setup for the SENA to overwrite the oldest data like the gopro?
I bought a 32GB card and haven't had an issue filling it up. But yes, it has a "tagging mode" where it will constantly record but only save data when you tell it to. Pretty thoughtful design too; when you tag, it saves the previous minute, current minute, and upcoming minute. So if something interesting happens you should be able to catch it all.

Hi Jane! I don't usually watch long videos but I liked yours. The scenery was really something. I liked everything about it. Yeah you made a couple of mistakes but you know what they are and you'll get better. When you consider you've only been riding for 8 days, it's very impressive! I'm so glad you joined us!

• Premium Member
phicurious86
Thanks for the comments guys! 
Quick question: Do you think I should remake my YouTube channel under a different name? My videos so far very clearly show me going over the speed limit. Not recklessly I don't think, but definitely illegal. Is this a risk worthy of remaking the channel under a fake name? I know a lot of motovloggers hide their face and license plates and don't use their real name. But I don't think my driving is as risky as theirs.

Thoughts?
Frankly, if I were a woman, I'd never use my real ID on the internet. The webs is not a safe place in general, legal stuff aside.

• Premium Member

Welcome and I personally dont not post my videos of me riding on a dirt bike or road bike...I keep certain videos for myself and my lawyer if something bad happens...I personally think its funny when ppl blur the dash out so ppl can't see how fast one is going but one can tell if somebody is breaking the speed limit...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member

Welcome to the forums!  I think you'll find this is a great community.

Enjoyed the video, LOVED the "greenery" lol.  The scenery where I live is all brown (desert).

:)

- Paulie

[div align=center]Then Came Bronson!
[/div]
[div align=center][video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnPIOH8bCfk]
[/div]
[div align=center]"A vagabond searching for the meaning of life
and seeking the experiences life has to offer."
[/div]

“The real cycle you're working on is a cycle called yourself.”
— Robert M. Pirsig (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values)

Great video ... Welcome to our group. I did not get to watch much yet and you may have said it in your Vlog. Tell us about your riding experience and how you chose the FZ. Do you have EZ Pass (highly recommended). Hate stopping at toll, taking off gloves, digging out cash, etc. Oh and you can always tape over that pesky speedo. No one needs to see that while vloggin :P

Edit:

OK I see that in subsequent posts you have some of that information.  BTW, nothing wrong with "Tyler".

• Premium Member
yamahappy74
BTW is your name really Tyler? That's actually pretty cool if it is. I'm a guy, and my name is Stacy -- so I know what it means for people to constantly get confused by my name.
I have a double first name, so my first name is "Tyler Jane" but most of the time I just go by Jane.  
People always say, "But isn't Tyler a boy's name?" Well, no, it isn't, because it's my name! Jerks...

Plus, there's some famous New Zealand actress with the same name (although hyphenated) so I don't think it's that strange really.
Lol, I laugh because my name is Tyler and I've always known that it's a unisex name. I just wish the origin of the name was a little more exciting that "tiler of roofs". 

Created a video example for Tyler, so nobody else should watch this:

[video src=https://youtu.be/zHVaumagO9M]

Actually, it's as boring as all hell, but I think, in fact I know, if Tyler Jane made the same video I'd watch the whole thing no matter how long it was. 

I was going to ask Tyler to create a video with narration of the most mundane thoughts that run through her head as a new rider.  I was curious if other new riders are going through the same thought process as myself.   But then I wondered, how can I ask this of others, unless I'm willing to do it myself?  So, that's the premise of this 50 minute, ultra boring monologue.  If any other new riders want to give this a shot, please do.  You can be assured there's at least one viewer out there who will appreciate it!

Now that I've done it, and look back at my own thoughts, I realize why I developed the bad habits of hard shifting and incomplete stops.  It's because there are two ways I ride.  One is a point A to point B, gitterdone kind of ride, VS cruising around, enjoying the scenery kind.  This is a bike geared for shooting through traffic in a no-nonsense fashion.  I don't think it knows how to cruise!  I doubt many owners of this bike ride it the way I do in this video, nor do they want to.  Even Jane, ultra calm & cool individual that she is, probably put most of her miles on the freeway.

Anyway, that's another story to hash out at another time.  The main point here is, I'm asking newbie riders to vlog their thoughts on their first rides.  Probably too late for Jane, because she doesn't ride like a noob at all now!

“The real cycle you're working on is a cycle called yourself.”
— Robert M. Pirsig (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values)

Archived