The MT-07 Forum

New member, new rider, new bike, new vlog. Hi guys :)

Tyler Jane

Hi guys,

I just picked up my new pearl white FZ-07 last Saturday, and I've been having an absolute blast. Just wanted to make my first post here and say hello.

I picked up a Sena 10C last week and it's been a great little device for recording video. Here's my introduction video with me talking while I ride around in Marin County:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U48ICxUChD0

I'm sure I'll be bugging you guys once I start to have more questions about gear and mods and whatnot, but in the meantime I just wanted to say Hi and invite you to subscribe to my channel if you'd like to see any more videos. 

Cheers,
Jane

smiley-hearteyes.gif~c200

Uhh I mean welcome! You got some really great scenery in your video, good quality too. Keep it up! Ride safe

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome! Nice video and be safe out there.

• Premium Member

Welcome and congrats on your new ride! I'm completely jealous of those roads too -- and impressed with the quality that came from the 10c. I may have to pick up one of those :)

OK...Sena 10 C FTW....that is what I am going with

@Tyler Jane what is the battery life like on the Sena 10C?

OK...Sena 10 C FTW....that is what I am going with 
@tyler Jane what is the battery life like on the Sena 10C?
It's not very good to be honest. If you keep the camera off, it's probably comparable to the 20S or the other Sena devices. But with the camera on, you only get about 2-2.5 hours of recording time. After your battery gets to about 20%, the camera automatically shuts off so that you can still use other bluetooth functions. 
So I've got a USB battery pack (Amazon Link) that I keep in my inside jacket pocket with a wire coming out my neck and going into the device. Thankfully, the 10C can operate while it's being charged. This battery probably multiplies the battery life by about 5x, maybe more, but I can't find any exact mAh specs on the 10C's battery.

Awesome video, Ive been up that area and the roads are gorgeous. especially when you see the vineyards. in reference to your comments, i share the same sentiments. definitely be patient and take your time when learning to ride, I'm a new rider too and I feel that i could've been more patient. Anyways congrats on a great bike, I have the same color.

Ride safe out there.

Thanks for the info

and

Loved your video, you are doing great, loved the commentary and am jealous of the scenery that place down US 1 look so fun, with great scenery. Enjoy riding, and any questions you might have, please reach out to us, a lot of great people on this forum to help out.

Thanks for the comments guys!

Quick question: Do you think I should remake my YouTube channel under a different name? My videos so far very clearly show me going over the speed limit. Not recklessly I don't think, but definitely illegal. Is this a risk worthy of remaking the channel under a fake name? I know a lot of motovloggers hide their face and license plates and don't use their real name. But I don't think my driving is as risky as theirs.

Thoughts?

• Premium Member

I would just to be on the safe side..... For many reasons.

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

This is my new favorite channel!
I literally spend hours watching motorcycle crashes, cager VS bike confrontations, and listen to moto-vloggers rant about one thing or another.  Your video is such a pleasant change.  And your voice!  Don't worry, you can never talk too much in these vlogs.  Keep 'em coming... Please?
I seriously doubt anybody will bother you about breaking laws on a YouTube channel.  I mean, if they wanted to go after you, they can find out who you are easy enough.  But, that's your call.

“The real cycle you're working on is a cycle called yourself.”
— Robert M. Pirsig (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values)

Thanks @ornery! Your videos have been an excellent resource for me as well. I hope you keep 'em coming too!

Welcome. Those roads make me jealous! Very, very nice!

As a new rider, you looked good out there. You seemed to know your limits pretty well. I look forward to seeing how much you improve over the next few months, as I'm sure you will. The joy you expressed says it all. You're one of us now - you're a rider. :)

If I might offer one tip - try to not get so close the the double yellow. It may just be the wide angle of the lens, but there were a few times you looked like you were either over it or really close to it, especially in some of the left-handers. Draw a wall straight up from it and don't even let your head cross the vertical plane - i.e. just because your bike is not over the line, doesn't mean you aren't. One of the biggest threats can be on-coming traffic, so you want to keep a bit of a buffer between you and them. Cars like to come over the line too - it's one of my biggest pet peeves and really irks me when they do it. Other than that, I'd say you did an amazing job out there, especially on roads like that.

I agree with the others too... The quality from the 10C is better than I expected.

Happy riding, keep the shiny side up and I look forward to the next vid!

Life is good on 2 wheels!

• Premium Member

I wouldn't worry about it -- I seriously doubt the police have so little to do that they would try to track you down based upon some youtube videos of going slightly over the posted speed limit. Now if you were to say, murder someone, you might not want to post that :D

BTW is your name really Tyler? That's actually pretty cool if it is. I'm a guy, and my name is Stacy -- so I know what it means for people to constantly get confused by my name.

• Premium Member
yamahappy74

There have been multiple cases of people getting nailed for going waaaaay over the speed limit or stunting in traffic because they posted video of it on social media. Just to be on the safe side, I would definitely change your YT user.

How are you liking your bike so far? I went out for a 5 hour ride yesterday and my ass was killing me by the time I got back, lol. Aside from that, and the top end being pretty low, I think it's a fun little ride. Kinda starting to miss the speed and power of a 3 cylinder in-line though...

BTW is your name really Tyler? That's actually pretty cool if it is. I'm a guy, and my name is Stacy -- so I know what it means for people to constantly get confused by my name.
I have a double first name, so my first name is "Tyler Jane" but most of the time I just go by Jane.  
People always say, "But isn't Tyler a boy's name?" Well, no, it isn't, because it's my name! Jerks...

Plus, there's some famous New Zealand actress with the same name (although hyphenated) so I don't think it's that strange really.

• Premium Member
There have been multiple cases of people getting nailed for going waaaaay over the speed limit or stunting in traffic because they posted video of it on social media. Just to be on the safe side, I would definitely change your YT user. 
How are you liking your bike so far? I went out for a 5 hour ride yesterday and my ass was killing me by the time I got back, lol. Aside from that, and the top end being pretty low, I think it's a fun little ride. Kinda starting to miss the speed and power of a 3 cylinder in-line though...
That, and its just better to keep your identity as safe as you can you don't want to make it easy for some one to find you if you piss them off of something. I don't use my full real name on any sight.  I mean ask any of the other vlogers why they don't use there real name ... 

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

Yeah, I agree @jake, I think I will just change it. I wasn't thinking about it when I first posted the videos because I was just using my personal google+ account. But after my last video, I think I might want to get more into vlogging. So it'll be a good idea I think.

Now to think of a name...

If I might offer one tip - try to not get so close the the double yellow.  
I completely agree. I was rewatching my video and I had the same response. It looked like I was way too close, especially on some of the turns that were blind. Will definitely make a note of that as I continue riding. Thanks for the tip.

Hey Tyler, welcome to the club and nice video! Looks like you got a good introduction to riding on those awesome roads, roller coaster AND twisties combined, I am sooo jealous! I noticed some guy at 25:05 in your lane so stay to the right on roads like that, we don't want to have to name you Splatella and I know you don't want that as a new name, heh! I also noticed you still have your tank sticker on your tank, that's a no-no here .... spanking you now!  P-) 

Beemer

• Premium Member
howworkclutch
Hey Tyler, welcome to the club and nice video! Looks like you got a good introduction to riding on those awesome roads, roller coaster AND twisties combined, I am sooo jealous! I noticed some guy at 25:05 in your lane so stay to the right on roads like that, we don't want to have to name you Splatella and I know you don't want that as a new name, heh! I also noticed you still have your tank sticker on your tank, that's a no-no here .... spanking you now!  P-) 
i still have a tank sticker.

-HowWorkClutch

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome Tyler Jane! You ride exceptionally well for only having ridden 8 days! I'm pretty sure I was still on residential streets at that point in my riding.
That was a great video! I'm in the South Bay so maybe I'll see you sometime!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hey there @tylerjanebr Welcome to the forum and thanks for joining us. I have been hoping to see more women get into Moto Vlogging and to see one with an FZ-07 is even better. Alot of the newer guy vloggers tend to yell and say alot of stupid crap in their vids and that's when I usually change to a different vid. It's great to see the FZ-07's world thru a woman's eyes.

Yes, I would avoid anything that shows who you are, license plates, shots of your house or even your street should be avoided.

You have an opportunity to have a popular Moto vlog Channel so if you haven't already added adsense to your youtube vids, I suggest doing so.

And, I wouldn't be hurt if ya showed FZ07.org some love on your channel or vids. 8wVkXgY.gif We could probably send ea other alot of traffic..

• Premium Member

Welcome, I have the same color and I am having a blast on it. Enjoy.

@tylerjanebr new name could be white lightning, or swan strike, or ms awesome, or the snow tigress ?

PS. Try to avoid being too high a gear and too low rpm, its safer to have power at the ready in case you gotta get out of a tricky situation quickly. Ride safe! :)

Archived