The MT-07 Forum

CRG Arrow Mirrors with RhinoMoto Bar Ends

gcsrt

I have quite a few questions on my bar ends that I installed on my bike.  I installed RhinoMoto Bar Ends that thread directly into the stock bars like the stock bar ends.  They are the best method for attaching any bar end mirror and do not interfere with the throttle tube as the design does not require an expansion joint like the other bar ends that I looked at.

The installation was very straightforward with the exception of two items:

[ul type=disc][*]I stripped the torx connection on the stock bar ends (I had to use an easy out to remove but as the bar end is one piece, I could have used a vise grip but I didn't want to damage it further in case the RhinoMoto Bar Ends did work correctly).[*]I installed an aftermarket throttle tube (Motion Pro Throttle Tube [HASH]01-0094) prior, and there was a slight clearance issue between it and the RhinoMoto Bar Ends.  I simply filed down the throttle tube where it was contacting the bar ends, solving the issue.[/ul][div]
The installation went very quickly and easily.  I was pleasantly surprised by how much more I could see from the stock mirrors.  The stock mirrors were not wide enough to see past my shoulders - I am not a huge guy (5 ' 10, 185lb) but I am stocky across the shoulders.  These bar end mirrors really helped with visibility behind me.  Before, I had to move my body around to see behind me and now I have no problems seeing all cars including the one right behind me.

As the bar ends thread directly into the handlebars, the connection is extremely tight with zero throttle issues.  Although pricey, the CRG Arrow mirrors are easy to adjust and stay where they are put.  There is a screw to tighten up each ball joint but they were tight from factory and no adjustment was necessary.  While cruising, and under hard acceleration, the mirrors held in location.  

I am extremely happy with the bar end mirrors and bar ends.  I had a bit of a sticker shock with the price, but they are well worth it.  For the guys wondering, buy the ebay or amazon mirrors, but you will eventually come around to purchasing these.  They really finish the bike (appearance wise) and are extremely functional.  They look a heck of a lot better than stock, and way out perform them due to their location.  As for the guys that lane split, they don't stick out very far, so I highly doubt they will interfere with that.  

Hopefully that helps everyone out that was wondering about them,
Dustin 

Below are pictures of the bar ends install on the bike (sorry if you have seen them 3 times already, I don't have any new pictures as of yet).[/div]
 CmqUpZf.jpgaEvSuR3.jpgIeAFTn8.jpgfDJMvQ6.jpg

Lane splitting is illegal here, so I can't comment. They only stick out a couple inches, so I doubt that would be much of an issue. They are adjustable to be flush mount to the bar with either the mirror vertical from where it is positioned or horizontal (180 degrees from where it is currently positioned). Alternatively, they can be fully extended parallel with the handle bars making them quite wide.

Hopefully that helps your decision.

Dustin

• 3 months later...
AlbatrossCafe

So it looks like you got these things:

Bar end: http://www.solomotoparts.com/RhinoMoto-Bar-End-Slider-for-Threaded-Mirror-Mount-for-FZ1-6-6R-01-13/
Mirror (x2): http://www.solomotoparts.com/CRG-Arrow-Bar-End-Mirror/

Now my question is, what is this thing?
http://www.solomotoparts.com/CRG-Billet-Internal-Mirror-Mount-Adapter/

It is "frequently bought with" these two products. Is it required to get the CRG mirrors to fit with that bar end mount?

@albatrosscafe: that 3rd thing you linked is not necessary. You would mount the mirrors to the RhinoMoto mount, in the channel that is carved out, that is all you need.

buy this one: http://www.homedepot.com/p/NIBCO-3-4-in-Copper-Pressure-Slip-Coupling-C601HD34/100346736
using hack saw, cut it into 1 inch, put it in the right handle bar.

then buy this mirrors: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Universal-Motorcycle-3-Round-7-8-Handle-Bar-End-Rearview-Side-Mirrors-US-/131351821237?hash=item1e952dbbb5:g:RlkAAOSw14xWH0j5&vxp=mtr

attach it by using stock bar ends. Fit 100% and save a lot money

• Global Moderator
How's the clearance lane splitting

No issues whatsoever... Ive got the same setup and had no issues with lanesplitting on my trips to LA. This setup is somewhere around 2.5in wider than stock but you can always adjust the mirrors to a vertical position if you need

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Do the CRG mirrors fold back.

The reason I ask, is that when lane splitting, you sometimes clip a cars mirror, and you really need a bit of Flex in your own mirrors.

• Global Moderator
Do the CRG mirrors fold back. 
The reason I ask, is that when lane splitting, you sometimes clip a cars mirror, and you really need a bit of Flex in your own mirrors.
no, the arrows dont fold back
But crg does make a set called the Hindsight LS(lanesplitter) that has a folding capability.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/crg-hindsight-lanesplitter-bar-end-mirror

Just an FYI... when you order the price is per mirror. You'll need to buy each side separate.

Are those beer taps in the back of the garage? Very nice. Bike looks great.
Yes, I have 3 beers on tap in my garage and a white wine.

Regarding the mirror and bar ends, definitely an great setup.  Well worth the cost and supper happy with them.  Look way better than stock and are functional.  The stock mirrors were too narrow and I couldn't see around my shoulders.

Dustin 

• Premium Member
xcarbonsteelx

If I go with Rhino bar ends and end up getting a Renthal super low, are the bar ends compatible with the new handle bar or would I need to buy new ones?

- xCarbonSteelx

• Global Moderator
If I go with Rhino bar ends and end up getting a Renthal super low, are the bar ends compatible with the new handle bar or would I need to buy new ones?

The rhino bar end sliders are threaded for use with the stock bar. You should be able to order a set for the R6 that are expansion type and will fit but I'm not 100% certain on that.
I will however look into it, as I'm looking to go the same route with my renthal streetfighter bars

EDIT: Apparantly they have renthal specific mirror mounts

http://www.e-securedsite.com/RHINOMOTO/store/myProducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=4%7CBarend%20Sliders%20and%20Mirrors&CategoryID=113|Renthal%207%2F8%22%20Bar%20Fitments&collection=4%7CBarend%20Sliders%20and%20Mirrors

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

Dat tank sticker doh. You'll get more HP without them. ;)

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member
xcarbonsteelx

What did you use to fill the hole where the stock mirrors attach? A Bolt?

I just picked up some black hex bolts (M10x1.25x20mm) from a company here in Phoenix. They are a tad too long and will need to hack them down to size. Once I get around to doing that I'll post a picture.

- xCarbonSteelx

• Global Moderator

What did you use to fill the hole where the stock mirrors attach? A Bolt?
I just picked up some black hex bolts (M10x1.25x20mm) from a company here in Phoenix. They are a tad too long and will need to hack them down to size. Once I get around to doing that I'll post a picture.
What company?

• Premium Member
xcarbonsteelx

Copper State Bolt and Nut.

There is one off of 79th Ave and Peoria but they didn't have the bolt in black so I went to the one on 35th Ave and Indian School.

- xCarbonSteelx

• Global Moderator

i only ask because there is a store off 67th and northern a buddy of mine runs called marks nuts and bolts
if ya ever need anything else... head in there its pretty fascinating

• Premium Member

@garrim : to be fair I asked him about this on Facebook, and he didn't have/know of a specific size, so you would have to hunt around and guess which size to use, and then they still didn't quite fit so he wrapped something like double sided tape around them to hold them in place. With trial and error you may find a size that fits properly, but it may wind up costing you in the long run -- unless you are good at returning stuff to stores (which I am not)

I found a pair of billet aluminum ones on Amazon, but they are much more expensive ($15 for the pair).  On the upside they look great and work perfectly.

Here is a pic from Amazon that also shows the dimensions, in case you want to find something similar (and note:  one has to be left hand threaded)

[attachment id=1232" thumbnail="1]

@garrim : to be fair I asked him about this on Facebook, and he didn't have/know of a specific size, so you would have to hunt around and guess which size to use, and then they still didn't quite fit so he wrapped something like double sided tape around them to hold them in place. With trial and error you may find a size that fits properly, but it may wind up costing you in the long run -- unless you are good at returning stuff to stores (which I am not) 
I found a pair of billet aluminum ones on Amazon, but they are much more expensive ($15 for the pair).  On the upside they look great and work perfectly.

Here is a pic from Amazon that also shows the dimensions, in case you want to find something similar (and note:  one has to be left hand threaded)

Good points, and those do look much nicer. I just figured with the plastic ones he used you can get ones that are actually a little oversized since they scrunch up when you put them in anyway. I think I would go with the ones you linked though, they look great.

Archived