The MT-07 Forum

jimmyt3000

Hi all. I pick up my brand new 2015 in graphite tomorrow morning! Can't wait! Cool to find a forum for my new bike.
I do have a question for all....
Am I the only one to pay full MSRP for the bike? I'm in Buffalo NY and the dealer here had to go to Ohio to get my the bike in graphite. They only had 2 red bikes. Dealer would NOT drop the price AT ALL. Love to hear your experience at your dealers? Thanks in advance... Jim

Hey Jimmy, thanks for finding and joining our community! Congrats on your FZ-07 purchase, you are gonna love the bike. It's really one of the best "do it all" street bikes ever made.

Be sure to read around and see how to post pics by hosting them on photobucket or imgur and then sharing the direct link in a post here, or just dragging and dropping into a post. You can even go premium and upload pics directly if you wish.

You can visit our supporting Vendors boards on here and also click the ebay and amazon links above to get a look at all the availible upgrades for the FZ-07. But many on here have just as much fun riding the bike stock.

Thanks again for joining, ride safe..

I am also new as well. I am picking up mine tomorrow. I am in Canada. I paid 6699 plus tax/license. Not my first bike I have had dirt bikes street bikes and everything in betweeen. Also stunted a 636. Cant wait for some wheelies on the fz07

• 2 weeks later...

I bought mine at the Yamaha Test Ride event in September of last year. I didn't even try to haggle the price when I probably could have. I ended up being $8,200 OTD. I don't think you are alone. Haha

• Premium Member
yamahappy74

I'm certain I paid more than I needed to. But honestly (and stupidly), I was so excited that I didn't care.

Welcome! Don't feel like the Lone Ranger, I paid full price as well. They generally don't have bikes marked up a whole lot so I didn't haggle with them over the price. Was just happy to get a new bike after a long time of not having one. Ride safe, enjoy your new toy!

Beemer

• Premium Member

I got bent over at full price too. Even paid for the shipping and put together. They kinda held the keys to the fence ....they sold out on every single FZ-07 they could get their hands on last year and were not having a problem selling this year either. I wanted the blurple graphite and it was the only one within a few hours drive. They had people coming in everyday sitting on it so.....I paid. I did get the 5 year extended warranty for $300 though.

I'm certain I paid more than I needed to. But honestly (and stupidly), I was so excited that I didn't care.
This.

I too paid full price for my bike and it looks like youre not alone. I tried to haggle with the MSRP but got no where, maybe it was my lack of experience since this is the first thing that I have bought brand new. I did get them to give me my jacket for free so that was a plus.

• Premium Member

I got raped, but that's only because I was hard to finance and the dealer had a very discounted price that they wouldn't have made any money off of with all the haggling with finance companies.

(my credit is improved from poor to fair, and by next year I expect it will move from fair to good. I am in the process of repairing some issues).

They didn't even want to sell me the bike/color I wanted at first, so I said if you just want to make more money then give me some damn accessories so I got engine guards and a fell set of soft baggage that I still haven't received the mounting kit for, which is ok because I only planned to use the bags occasionally for shopping and overnighters anyway.

At any rate, yea, I paid like 1500 more than I expected to and then got bent over in the APR. I even bought the extended warranty on top of that.. But I plan to double or tripple my payments and get my revenge like I did with my car :).

I really didn't care. I was not leaving without that bike, period.

Databyter

Databyter

Archived