The MT-07 Forum

Akrapovic or Two Brothers?

scottygat

• Premium Member

Hello everyone.

I've been the proud owner of an FZ-07 for two weeks and I've known from the very start that the exhaust needs an upgrade.  I had my heart set on the Two Brothers SR-1 at first; then I discovered the Akrapovic Titanium.  I have wanted both of these exhausts at one time or another.  I have been trying my damnedest to get my hands on the Akrapovic Titanium, but it's gonna be 6 weeks until shops receive more.  This is coming from Akrapovic LA.  Also heard the same thing from 2 different vendors.

So what do I do?  Give into my impatient self or wait for the Akrapovic Titanium?  

I'm torn.  Help me?

Thanks,
Scott

Exhaust will probably stay with you the entire life of the bike, so I say get what you really want and don't settle. That is, unless you can find a used exhaust on craigslist for cheap.

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

I have the two brothers and am very pleased with there product so if you choose the S1R I'm sure you won't regret it but get what you want I hear akro is awesome to

• Premium Member

Yes indeed.. Both have their merits. Two brothers appears to be the Apex of performance for the Fz-07, but the Akrapovic looks so sleek. Both sound amazing..

I think you will find that everyone that has the Akro, like the Akro; that being said, I have the Two Brothers SR-1 and LOVE IT

Was in the same boat. Akro vs two brothers. It's almost impossible to get the akro here in California through a dealer because it's not legal here. So for that reason I went with the two brothers. I just put in the order so I hope it's here soon. The other good thing about the two brothers is that it has interchangeable DB killers. Which it needs cause it's so damn loud.....in a good way.

• Premium Member

Yeah it's a tough decision. and ultimately I think it came down to athestics for me. I have decided to wait for the Akrapovic. I think it goes way better with my white FZ-07. if I had the red model I would be totally fine rockin' the two brothers. both sound DIIIIIIRTY

• Premium Member

I have the AKRO and love it. Wasn't difficult to get at all. Purchased it on EBAY. Forget the dealers and Just get it on EBAY if you want the AKRO. If you want TWO BROTHERS then EBAY. I live in CALI

• Premium Member

I turned to Ebay when everywhere else was sold out, and the dickhead who supposedly had 3 units for sale didn't actually have any on hand. Told me it would be 6 weeks before it would be in.

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Yeah, i have seen the carbon fiber available. They even have that on Revzilla right now. I'm holding out for the Titanium

I turned to Ebay when everywhere else was sold out, and the dickhead who supposedly had 3 units for sale didn't actually have any on hand. Told me it would be 6 weeks before it would be in.

Yup. That's why I went the dealer route. I've heard lots about eBay sellers not actually have it in since it's super back ordered but still saying the have it.
Looks wise akro all the way.

Ive Put about 200 mi since the two brothers install and damn i love it!! I have the p1x tip on now but I've gotten used to the sound and now feel that its not as loud as i once thought i was. Im going back to the P1 tip.

I'm going a different direction and plan on selling my Akra Ti if anyone is interested. It came from Europe, so it has the laser etching instead of the sticker(IMO it looks a lot nicer). It has the Cat in case your state does testing and comes with an extra baffle and homemade tools to remove the baffles without tearing them up that works very well. My bike only has 166 miles. PM if interested.

Archived