The MT-07 Forum

New vid with a couple of wheelies

r6realtor

Still getting used to it but it will power wheelie in second and got to power up in 3rd once  as well but you just have to be really on it. Having a blast on this bike especially with the akrapovic.

2015 fz-07 akrapovic exhaust
2015 ktm 500 xc-w dirt/supermoto tire and wheels

Yes sir, them wheelies sure are fun and addictive. Where you riding at there, what city? I actually got the front tire to come up a few inches when banging into 3rd yesterday while getting on the highway which really surprised me but then again, I'm a speed shifting fool. What video editing software do you use? I'm new at making video's and don't care much for GoPro's stuff. Have any suggestions for easier editing?

Beemer

good vid. I'm at about the same level with my wheelies. Your bars look like they're angled back alot further than normal.

'15 FZ-07
'93 Honda XR650L (supermoto/pig) (SOLD)

Yes sir, them wheelies sure are fun and addictive. Where you riding at there, what city? I actually got the front tire to come up a few inches when banging into 4th yesterday while getting on the highway which really surprised me but then again, I'm a speed shifting fool. What video editing software do you use? I'm new at making video's and don't care much for GoPro's stuff. Have any suggestions for easier editing?
Actually I use go pro studio, its probably one of the easiest to use from what I hear?? other software seems to be more powerful/does more but seems to get very complicated, I can pump out a vid fairly quickly using this of course because its all I know at this point, one these days I will most likely upgrade to something better. I wheelie much much longer on the ktm 500 but give it a little time and I will go through at least a few gears on the fz eventually.

good vid. I'm at about the same level with my wheelies. Your bars look like they're angled back alot further than normal.
really? hmmm never touched them, I also haven't sat on another one since mine so maybe they are further back or maybe its the camera angle?? 
Yeah this is my second time ever trying to wheelie the fz and my first time I have ever tried to clutch it up, so I need some more practice. The ktm 500 I have never clutched because it will power wheelie in every single gear which is freaking awesome by the way!

• Premium Member

You did all that with Go Pro Studio? Nice man! I couldn't get it to run on my computer :(

I'm putting the finishing touches on my first ever track day video and have been using Corel Video Studio. It's one of the consumer editing programs but different in that it's very powerful. Easy when you want it to be, but has the ability to get professional looking results also. Sorta the best of both worlds.

Again, great job on the vid Sir!

- Paulie

You did all that with Go Pro Studio? Nice man! I couldn't get it to run on my computer :( 
I'm putting the finishing touches on my first ever track day video and have been using Corel Video Studio. It's one of the consumer editing programs but different in that it's very powerful. Easy when you want it to be, but has the ability to get professional looking results also. Sorta the best of both worlds.

Again, great job on the vid Sir!

- Paulie
Thanks appreciate it! Looking forward to seeing your vid!

I use the video software that comes with my Mac for video editing.
They have good online videos to get you started If you have no experience

Nice video man. I started out using the GoPro Studio as well. It does a pretty good job. I felt I would need to move up so I'm starting to get familiar with Adobe Premier Pro now. I need to start adding some music to mine. Just never sure what song to pick.

Nice video man. I started out using the GoPro Studio as well. It does a pretty good job. I felt I would need to move up so I'm starting to get familiar with Adobe Premier Pro now. I need to start adding some music to mine. Just never sure what song to pick.
That's actually one of the toughest parts, is finding music because not everyone is going to like what you play and then sometimes if you have no music it can get kind of boring. To me, off road vids you usually can get away without music because there is usually more action(althougth I add music to almost all of my offroad vids too) but so far I find street ones to boring to add zero music but thats just my opinion plus my microphone totally sucks letting in tons of wind so I am working on correcting that. Now if I was riding wheelies for miles on the street or doing some kind of stunting then i could do one without music but that wont be happening anytime soon for me :)

• Premium Member

Adobe Premier Pro? That's some serious software!

That's actually one of the toughest parts, is finding music because not everyone is going to like what you play and then sometimes if you have no music it can get kind of boring.

I agree. Finding the right music is extremely difficult. I did a car vid of the Tail of the Dragon to music and all my friends hated it. It was timed perfectly to the music and they still hated it, lol.

To me, the music should set the mood for what your about to see, and match the visuals on screen. For example, if a horror flick had circus music during the opening credits, you'd probably think you're about to watch a spoof comedy of some sort and not an actual scary movie, etc.

But then on the other hand, I've seen some awesome vids with say, violin instrumentals during action shots that look amazing, so what do I know, lol. I do know you're never gonna make everyone happy, so do what feels best to you at the time :)

- Paulie

pantheraleo

I use Adobe Premiere as well. It's not expensive, and its quite intuitive.

Great video. I don't videotape my wheelies for legal reasons. Maybe is should find a private road to do it on...

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

Great video. I don't videotape my wheelies for legal reasons. Maybe is should find a private road to do it on...
This was all filmed in Mexico so no big deal

pantheraleo
So, this evening I was enjoying an exceptional ride. The weather was perfect and the traffic light at 7:30. I was feeling so fine that I busted loose with a pretty epic wheelie.

A half mile later, the blue lights were on me....busted.

Here's how it went, after the obligatory ID check:

Cop: Know why I pulled you over, sir?
PantheraLeo: Depends on how long you've followed me, I suppose...
Cop: Well, you know wheelies are illegal in Va, right?
PantheraLeo: I figured anything that fun had to be illegal. It was pretty freaking awesome though, wasn't it?
Cop: It was, indeed. Second gear, pop the clutch?
PantheraLeo: Nope, power wheelie straight from first at 4500.
Cop: You held it about a hundred yards, but I noticed you got clear of traffic before you lifted...I'm gonna let it go this time. Be safe, Mr (Leo).
PantheraLeo: You too, officer. Thanks for noticing!

I love wheelies.

bmwpowere36m3
So, this evening I was enjoying an exceptional ride. The weather was perfect and the traffic light at 7:30. I was feeling so fine that I busted loose with a pretty epic wheelie. 
A half mile later, the blue lights were on me....busted.

Here's how it went, after the obligatory ID check:

Cop: Well, you know wheelies are illegal in Va, right?
PantheraLeo: I figured anything that fun had to be illegal. It was pretty freaking awesome though, wasn't it?
Cop: It was, indeed. Second gear, pop the clutch?
PantheraLeo: Nope, power wheelie straight from first at 4500.
Cop: You held it about a hundred yards, but I noticed you got clear of traffic before you lifted...I'm gonna let it go this time. Be safe, Mr (Leo).
PantheraLeo: You too, officer. Thanks for noticing!

I love wheelies.
If that's how the conversion went… EPIC!  However I know VA has some tough cops.

Getting pulled over for wheelies, haha, never know what the cop will say. I got cuffed and chewed out once, thought I was going to jail for sure. Another time, the cop pulled up at the light, said go to the neighboring county.

pantheraleo
Getting pulled over for wheelies, haha, never know what the cop will say. I got cuffed and chewed out once, thought I was going to jail for sure. Another time, the cop pulled up at the light, said go to the neighboring county.
Yeah, I usually have a sharp eye for these things and sharp senses for the law man...I just got a little carried away and careless, then I got lucky to get the right kind of cop. He cracked a little smile with my "depends on how long you followed me" remark so I kinda ran with it.

I can't count on that sort of luck every time. Va does have many tough cops, indeed...I've met a few.

I love that post pantheraleo. It's so great when you find cool cops like that. Also kudos to you for clearing traffic first.

I've noticed how addictive wheelies are lately. I'm not very good at holding them, but they sure are fun. It was no mistake that I picked this motorcycle though. I had very little chance of getting the wheel up on my previous motorcycle.

• 4 months later...
VA. cop: 

first time out on the ktm 500 in like 4 months and boom 15 minutes in... BUSTED, the cop was actually super cool and thank god for street legal dirt bikes! 

Love that Response! Lol.....

VA. cop: 

first time out on the ktm 500 in like 4 months and boom 15 minutes in... BUSTED, the cop was actually super cool and thank god for street legal dirt bikes! 

Wow! I see the resemblance.

Beemer

Wow! I see the resemblance.
LOL

Archived