The MT-07 Forum

Alpinestars CR-4 Gore-Tex XCR Boots

thestache

I was looking for a boot for riding that was also something that was dual purpose. I like to hike in the Spring - Fall seasons, and other than a military style boot, I was unable to locate a good riding shoe. 
Enter the Alpinestars CR-4 Gore-Tex XCR Boots. I searched for a long time, asked posters, and checked a lot of reviews. I really did not want to spend an arm and a leg for something I was unsure would be functional until I broke them in, and then if they were not what I wanted, would be out $$
I saw several reviews saying that riders loved getting off the bike, and having a functional hiker and was intrigued. So, I ordered the black one...yeah the hottest in Southern Summers...sure said the guy who has a black helmet and black Icon Contra jacket :) :)
At first they are sort of stiff, but these boots are very lite weight, and have great soles which do not slip on pavement. The design allows for a small heel section that fits perfect on the pegs for shifting or braking. They also have toe covers to keep from wearing when shifting. After a couple of rides, they were broken in and I took them with me riding and hiking yesterday. I was really happy, they have great traction, are lightweight and comfortable, also water proof in case you accidentally slip crossing a stream.

So, if you are looking for a very good riding shoe, that doubles as a comfortable hiker...then look no further...THIS is the boot for you

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-cr-4-gore-tex-xcr-boot

Archived