The MT-07 Forum

My other bike

Beemer

Anyone have a bicycle that they ride? Here's mine. It's a Lager SE and you'll notice the chain on the right side and a free wheel hub/sprocket on the left in case I want to install a 50 cc engine on the frame for putting around the neighborhood or quick trips to the store. Got a bicycle? Post some pics of it!

[attachment id=498" thumbnail="1][attachment id=499" thumbnail="1] 

Yeah, been collecting a little dust but I did ride it today.

Beemer

That is a cool bike!

I ride my bicycle every day. Love it. Never enjoyed bicycling till I bought a comfort bike. Giant cypress lx.

This is my newest bike, a 2015 Trek Superfly SS...  

mVq5nPYl.jpg

It's the first single speed specific Superfly frame Trek has made in many years.  It's also got their brand new rigid carbon fork on it (which I like a LOT more than the Niner RDO fork).  This thing is hella light for a stock alloy frame bike (only 22lb 4 oz) and I've converted the tires over to tubeless already.  Got a new set of Stans wheels coming and some Maxxis tires that will put this south of 20 lbs.  Once I replace a few other things (crank, stem, seat post, etc.) with some more carbon bits, I should have it down to around 16-17 lbs and I'll be ready to start racing it. The pic is from Mountain View, AR where the Sylamore trails are.  I took it out there a few weeks ago and it was a dream!  I was a little worried how the rigid fork might handle the fast and rocky downhills, but it was a surprisingly good ride! This thing climbs like a billy goat too! 

I have a couple other mountain bikes and a Specialized road bike.  This is the only one I have a pic loaded on imgur of to post on here. 

Life is good on 2 wheels!

That is a cool bike! 
I ride my bicycle every day. Love it. Never enjoyed bicycling till I bought a comfort bike. Giant cypress lx.
I used to have a hybrid that was comfortable with it's big fat gel seat, gave it to one of my brothers after some good use. To be honest, even though the bike I have now is much cooler/racier looking, I would rather ride that hybrid every day just for the comfort factor. If I get an engine for this though I won't think about the comfort as much because I'll be hauling ass. All the seniors around here will hate me for my two stroke, they're loud.

Beemer

aeisan

That is a nice mountain bike, bro! My last one wasn't near that nice but I wasn't serious about mountain biking, I just road it on mostly flat, hard packed dirt trails around Lady Bird Lake in Austin. It was a mongoose (heavy) with front disc, about $300 but it filled my needs. I noticed that tiny front sprocket there - no wonder the billy goat qualities, lol! Can you take some video while riding it? 

Beemer

aeisan 
That is a nice mountain bike, bro! My last one wasn't near that nice but I wasn't serious about mountain biking, I just road it on mostly flat, hard packed dirt trails around Lady Bird Lake in Austin. It was a mongoose (heavy) with front disc, about $300 but it filled my needs. I noticed that tiny front sprocket there - no wonder the billy goat qualities, lol! Can you take some video while riding it? 
Thanks!  I really have enjoyed this bike so far, even stock.  This is a "cheaper" one for me ha, and frankly for what you get it was a steal...  It MSRPs for about $1500 but I got the hook up at the local bike shop (aka they sponsor me) so I got it for about $1200.  I usually get a better deal but this is similar to the FZ-07 in that it was hot off the factory floor and a first-gen model, so it was real hard to find and they wouldn't give me my "normal" pricing for it.  Took a couple weeks for Trek to ship it to the shop after I ordered it and then they were sold out shortly after.  I was not originally intending to race this bike, but I like it so much I'm going to invest in some more parts and see how well it does.  The wheels I'm putting on it run ~$700 and the carbon bits will add about another $400 or so.  So, $2300 for a single speed race bike is not bad at all.  

The front ring is a 32t.  It's probably the most common ring size you'll see.  I have a 34t I may swap on for local races (west TN is pretty flat!) but for the races in East TN and Arkansas that are out in the mountains, this ring is what I'll run.  I have an 18t on there now and that's pretty much what I run in the mountains.  I usually run 34x17t or 34x16t locally, but my race bikes all use 32t because I do a lot or hilly races.  Some of the local bad asses run a 36t up front, but I ride out in the mountains too much to ever want to put one on there, just to have to take it back off in a couple weeks.  The back cogs are a lot easier to change out than the front rings.  

I've been thinking about getting a GoPro, but as of right now I don't have any action cameras.  If I do, I'll certainly get some trail footage for ya! 

Must be fun racing. I'm just too old for that stuff, get my knee purple. I get my thrills watching arena cross on TV and imagining I'm the top rider, heh! I haven't done it in awhile and it's risky but I'm getting back into airbrushing.  :P

Beemer

I love bikes! I don't have any pictures on my phone to share, but I have a 2006 Specialized Fuse 4 bmx bike. Also have a 2004 specialized stump jumper fsr xc mountain bike with some mods like a new fork, disk brakes, wide handlebars, pedals.

I used to have a Leader 725 with shimano/Thomson components... That was a really nice and fast bike. Makes me want to get a road bike with gears some day.

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

I have a couple Specialized bikes as well. That's what my bike shop sold before they switched over to Trek to become some flagship/model store for them. The Superfly SS is my first Trek, but I really like it.

My very first bike was a Specialized Rockhopper that started out with 3x8 gearing, then went 1x9 (before all the new 10 speeds came out) and thanks to one strategically placed stub of a branch on a felled cedar tree, became ghetto single speed haha - I was hopping over the tree and the 2" branch stub impaled and shattered the shifter cable guide underneath the bottom bracket about 30 miles into a 100 mile race a few years ago, taking all tension out of the cable and rendering the shifter useless. I've been riding single speed ever since. I still have that bike, for sentimental reasons. I think the only things on it that are stock though are the frame and the fork.

I also have a Specialized Allez road bike; it's been attached to the trainer in my living room for about 7 months now haha.

Gosh... I love 2-wheeled things haha. I love talking MTBs as much as motorcycles! Good to see some other folks on here with the same love of bikes. Life is happy on 2 wheels!

Archived