Sign in to follow this  
scottygat

New Hampshire

scottygat
Hey guys,

I'm in Portsmouth, NH and I'm looking for some good rides.  I got these links off google and they look pretty cool.  I'm wondering if any of you have any suggestions or have some gnarly rides that you could share.

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/Routes/New-Hampshire_105.html

http://www.bestbikingroads.com/motorcycle-roads/motorbike-rides-in-united-states-/New%20Hampshire_-3886.html

Also this youtube video is pretty sweet.

Thanks,
Scott
  • Like 1

Beemer
Nice roads in that video but the guy took himself down a notch by asking for directions.

fzsam
I have found great rides by using topo maps, bicycling touring books, and links like you have posted. I then piecemeal the route so I may only be on a specific road for 5-10 miles.

Southern Maine also has some nice roads that are close to you.

I just got back from a long bicycle ride through Newcastle and Portsmouth so this geezer's thinkin' cap is not totally on.

scottygat
I'll have to get myself a topographic map like you suggested, thats a great idea. I'm heading up to Franconia Notch this week.. In the cage unfortunately.. Hoping to scout out some new routes.

scottygat
I have found great rides by using topo maps, bicycling touring books, and links like you have posted. I then piecemeal the route so I may only be on a specific road for 5-10 miles.  
Southern Maine also has some nice roads that are close to you.

I just got back from a long bicycle ride through Newcastle and Portsmouth so this geezer's thinkin' cap is not totally on.
If you ever want to go for a ride let me know man! I'm a merchant marine, so when I'm home I've got tons of free time.