Sign in to follow this  
itch808

Center Stand?

itch808
Does anyone know if there is a centerstand option available? If so, what is the cost, added weight, and change in clearance?

norcal616
Sw-motech makes one...requires the use of the stock exhaust...

itch808
I haven't changed my exhaust and I still think that seems like a poor design choice

Guest Ralph
By all accounts SW are having a re design of the 07 stand so check out
what your getting if you go for one.

bmwpowere36m3
I miss the center stand on my other bike... Welcome to new "sport" bikes and/or budget. That said, for the cost and added weight of the center stand, I'd rather have a set of race stands. Can't lift the front with a center stand.

Guest Ralph
I just stick a jack under the engine with a bit of wood between to lift the front when I have a centre stand
or stick something heavy on the rear seat/carrier or top box, I am going to buy a SW one but waiting for them
to sort it out first.

bmwpowere36m3
^ I've done that on my Kawi cruiser w/ center stand... definitely not the most stable, at least for me. However it did work when I need to take the front wheel or forks off.

itch808
I miss the center stand on my other bike... Welcome to new "sport" bikes and/or budget. That said, for the cost and added weight of the center stand, I'd rather have a set of race stands. Can't lift the front with a center stand.
The ability to work on it anywhere reigns supreme, plus for the time being I'm stuck in a populated apartment area where it's hard to lug around stands. Unless you're using a triple tree front stand, it's pretty useless for front fork work IMO.

bmwpowere36m3
The ability to work on it anywhere reigns supreme, plus for the time being I'm stuck in a populated apartment area where it's hard to lug around stands. Unless you're using a triple tree front stand, it's pretty useless for front fork work IMO.

True, but fortunately I only work in my garage and yes, triple tree stand.