The MT-07 Forum

ACCIDENT!!

fz07fanboy

buckaroobanzai

Glad you weren't hurt! Not a fan of lane splitting for this reason even though you were in the right you still went down. I don't put that much trust in cars.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member

thank you @buckaroobanzai but you're at risk no matter what when riding a motorcycle. Either take my chances lane splitting or getting rearended by someone because I didn't need to use my brakes to slow down and the person behind me doesn't notice because they're too busying surfing the web or updating their facebook status.

• Premium Member

Update on the bike. Just got word that bike is a total loss due to some unforeseen frame damage they discovered. I never seen this coming. They said the parts were cheap but discovered damage at the head mount. I was taken back by this since I had only had the bike for a couple weeks. Now just waiting on the progressive (THE OTHER GUY'S INSURANCE) company to finish their investigation and settle. I'm already looking at getting another CBR250R and have found a lot of them for sale for a decent price. I hope they give me a good price because I feel like i got screwed out of a good bike that I only had the pleasure to enjoy for a very very short period. I even have a brand new delkevic exhaust system and a brand new set of tires in the garage for it.

bmwpowere36m3

Don't settle and make sure you get what it'll take to replace the bike you lost… Also don't forget any medical stuff now or down the road and hassle/aggravation.

• Premium Member

Well if the bike is considered a loss and there is frame damage then I'm just hoping they give me more than what I paid for it. This way I can just go and get another one.

• Premium Member

Did the frame mount where you have the frame sliders bolted on get so badly damaged they are calling it a total loss??

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member
Did the frame mount where you have the frame sliders bolted on get so badly damaged they are calling it a total loss??
That I don't even know. I will have to actually go there so they can show me everything they found. I haven't seen the bike since I dropped it off.

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

I had a buddy who had a tree limb fall on his bike it broke the side stand mount off the frame. Because of this "Frame damage" his bike was totaled. He bought the bike back from insurance we stripped it down i fabricated and welded up a new side stand mount for it. He got it reinspected and a salvage title on it.

This stupid amount was considered a total which shocks me. Ive seen body shops nearly cut a car in half to fix wreck damage and it not be considered a total. I fixed it for him for a case of beer haha.

did insurance pay for any gear damage? As i said before i would look into at least a new helmet if other guys insurance is paying. :) Shoei recommends replacement if its ever subject to an impact with or without visible damage.

• Premium Member

Still working on helmet replacement. i took and sent them pictures. I will get to the shop soon to check everything out

• Premium Member

Ok final update. I just got a check in my had from my insurance company. They paid me for my bike and then some. Gave me way more then what I paid so now I'll be looking for another bike. I still have yet to finish with the other insurance company for loss of use claim and injury claims, compensation, etc but its coming.

Nice choice. I have had my 300 for 2 years now and I love riding it. It is such a fun bike and easy to ride.

Recommended Mods:

1) Front end dive under braking is very bad - swap out the fork springs and cut a new preload adjustor. Or better yet have Pattonme retrofit your forks with cartridges similar to the fz07. I had him do mine and it is one of my favorite mods.

2) Rear shock sucks - You can also cheaply put a gsxr600 shock on the rear with little modifications needed.

3) Stock tires suck - Once you wear your stock tires I would also get Michelin Pilot Street radial tires. They are long lasting but have great grip.

Tip: new riders are always buying these for a couple months and upgrading so keep an eye out for good deals on upgrades on the for sale section on the kawasakininja300 forums.

• Premium Member

thanks for the tips. For now I'll be commuting with it a lot but I'm sure I'll be taking it out to have fun. The mods may have to wait awhile because I'm about to close on a house. I spent a good amount a few months ago when i got my FZ.

Archived