The MT-07 Forum

new bar end mirrors

r6realtor

Do these go right over the stock bar ends?
well you have to take the bar end off and use a home made spacer to push them out a bit, not hard just need to find the right parts to make it work. I had a spacer in my garage that I used, you only need it for the throttle side, I don't think I needed to do anything on the clutch side.

2015 fz-07 akrapovic exhaust
2015 ktm 500 xc-w dirt/supermoto tire and wheels

Ordered a pair today; 2 left. Thanks for the recommendation.
good deal! I love them!

Do these go right over the stock bar ends?
well you have to take the bar end off and use a home made spacer to push them out a bit, not hard just need to find the right parts to make it work. I had a spacer in my garage that I used, you only need it for the throttle side, I don't think I needed to do anything on the clutch side.
Good looking out R6realtor! 
I ordered a pair.  I'm sure I can put something together to make it work.   :P

No problem!
its really easy, you will see what I mean when you go to tighten the throttle side up, it needs to be thin enough to fit inside the throttle tube but hit the handle bar yet wide enough to stop the mirror from hitting the grip so you don't twist the throttle and it stay there like auto cruise control lol.
SO think of it as donut between the handle bar end and the bar end that mirror will go on but a super thin donut...it will all make sense when you go to install.

That looks fantastic! 
:)

- Paulie
Thanks man, appreciate it!

• 2 weeks later...

I see what you mean about the spacer. Glad I started on the throttle side because I quickly scraped the project for the night. I'll head out to the hardware store today and see if I can find some washers to fit in-between.

• 4 months later...
  • Premium Member

Did you use a plug of some kind to fill the screw hole that was left after removing the stock mirrors?

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Did you use a plug of some kind to fill the screw hole that was left after removing the stock mirrors?
yes, just rubber plugs from ace hardware

How have de mirrors been holding up? Still good after six months and rainy rides? Could you give us your "long" term review? Thanks!

• 2 months later...
I haven't had a chance to ride with them yet but I love the way they look, getting rid of the stock mirrors clean the front end up so much, looks extra mean now!! haha 

BWyizmU.jpg

HysCJIL.jpg

vd984xx.jpg

LxLDQ2P.jpg

I just put the crg atrow mirrors on. I love them. Do you know if they make a plug or something to replace the hole the stock mirrors leave? Very minor detail but it bugs the crap out of me.

boots

If you take the nuts for the mirrors to ACE (I think they were metric 10 x 1.25) they can get you the bolts you need to plug those holes, the right side being a r.h. thread of course. Good luck! The mirrors look nice!

Beemer

• Global Moderator
boots 
If you take the nuts for the mirrors to ACE (I think they were metric 10 x 1.25) they can get you the bolts you need to plug those holes, the right side being a r.h. thread of course. Good luck! The mirrors look nice!
reverse thread
and yes m10x1.25

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Archived