The MT-07 Forum

What hot weather gear are you riding in this summer?

Cruizin

Getting up in the upper 90's and maybe even in to the 100's this week here so thought it would be a good time to start a Hot weather gear thread.

If ya post your gear, please share at least a pic or link to the product. If not, I'll go thru and add links for ya so others can shop too.

My summer jacket

Revit Airwave from Revzilla

FJT126_4120UF_300RGB08_detail.jpg

Summer Pants

Revit Airwave from Revzilla

FPT055_3081UF_300RGB08_detail.jpg

Summer gloves. I have a few pairs of gloves but really like these.

Revit chevron gloves

revit_chevron_gloves_detail.jpg

What are you guys and gals riding in this summer?

• Premium Member

Here in South Texas, it's getting pretty hot out. I've found that the following really helps me in my city / kinda highway riding. Yes, I'm a huge Alpinestars fan so.... deal with it. 

Alpinestars Summer Tech Race Top

[attachment id=467" thumbnail="1]

Alpinestars T-GP Plus R Air Jacket

[attachment id=468" thumbnail="1]

Alpinestars A-10 Air-Flo Pants
Alpinestars_A-10_Airflow_Pants_detail.jpg

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

I wear a wife beater, gym shorts, and flip flops....

ok not really my summer commuting jacket is a Alpinestars T-GP Plus R Air Jacket.  Gloves i wear Alpinestars SMX 2 Air Carbon now but i have a pair of Held airstream 2 gloves in the mail.  If i hit the twisties i might wear my Alpinestars GP Plus R Perforated Leather Jacket its still new just looking for a reason to break it in. :)

alpinestars_tgp_plus_r_air_jacket_black_white_detail.jpg

alpinestars_smx2_air_carbon_gloves_detail.jpg

held_airstream_ii_gloves_detail.jpg

alpinestars_gp_plus_r_perforated_leather_jacket_detail.jpg

Shorts and a wife beater.

You guys are pussies. Skin grows back, chicks dig scars, plus im too pretty to crash, in fact, i may be immortal!

Kidding!!!!

Living in Florida, im on the fence about which direction i want to go. I really do want to invest in a quality perforated leather jacket but i have a feeling i may become a Kenny Rogers Roaster if i go that route. Having said that, i am not too vain to admit that i cannot stand the look of quality, ie cordura mesh jackets and i much prefer the more "technical" textile jackets that the market offers but i just dont trust them compared to leather.

What a conundrum!

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

i'm leaving friday on a week-long tour around the south-eastern states and i plan to lather-up with sunscreen and ride in nothing but shorts, water-shoes, and glasses... at least one day of the trip. i need a base-tan.

i'll be riding with a bunch of home built choppers/bobbers/rat-bikes. they get nowhere fast. so one day will be spent without any safetey gear.

-HowWorkClutch

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

as long as a knee is all you get down.

-HowWorkClutch

• Premium Member
i'm leaving friday on a week-long tour around the south-eastern states and i plan to lather-up with sunscreen and ride in nothing but shorts, water-shoes, and glasses... at least one day of the trip. i need a base-tan. 
i'll be riding with a bunch of home built choppers/bobbers/rat-bikes. they get nowhere fast. so one day will be spent without any safetey gear.

That sounds like a blast.

I'm still wearing my leather jacket. But now the liner is out and the vents are zipped open. I'm feeling good still, but temps haven't peaked yet. In my area of Va it's typically very humid with temps in the mid to high 90's, but a heat index of >105 on days like that, which are muggy and sticky.

Everything went braap.

Really hot here. Record breaking temps for early June. 37C. I've resorted to jean jacket and jeans. I'm still wearing boots and gloves. At least its some protection. And I use more care cornering.

My old joe rocket jacket and pants are wayyy too hot even with liner removed and vents opened. Heat stroke is more likely to happen than sliding down the pavement.

I absolutely will not ride around in shorts and t-shirt. Skin don't grow back so good when you are old.

• Premium Member
yamahappy74

Depends on the day. Although I've gone down hard before (RIP '03 R6), and I'm a huge proponent of wearing gear, I find myself being ok more often with just wearing a helmet and gloves and leaving my jacket at home when it's hot out. Summers get really muggy here and traffic in the city during rush hour is bumper to bumper. No jacket is going to be cool enough for that. If I'm going out for a ride rather than just to work, however, I will wear my Alpinestars leather armored jacket, AS short boots, jeans (never wear shorts riding), Shark Speed R Avenger helmet, and my recently purchased warm weather Icon gloves.

• Premium Member
howworkclutch
That sounds like a blast.

I'm still wearing my leather jacket. But now the liner is out and the vents are zipped open. I'm feeling good still, but temps haven't peaked yet. In my area of Va it's typically very humid with temps in the mid to high 90's, but a heat index of >105 on days like that, which are muggy and sticky.
Where in VA? 
We'll be camping at Glen Maury Park in Buena Vista Tuesday.  Details of the whole trip are here http://www.smokeoutrally.com/long-road/the-long-road-2013/ (ignore the date in the url)

Next weekend we'll be at Smokeout (rockingham NC).  If you're into bike rallys, its a ton of fun. I've been going for years. Pack a tent and roll down next friday, head home sunday morning.  Come find our crew: if you're in the camping area, looking at the gate going into the event, make a right turn along the fence and go 100 yards.  My fz will be there (unless i'm on the drag-strip) with a bunch of rat-bikes and a triumph 675r.  Our crew is the friendliest bunch you'll ever meet. Crazy, but genuinely good folks.

-HowWorkClutch

I have been using the Alpinestars T Jaws Air Jacket, but found out quickly that the front pads that are inside the front liner are blocking the air flow. So over all, this jacket is not that good for hot humid American summers.
Here is my original review:

I like Klim alot. They are based out of Idaho but Polaris bought em.
I knew they made all of Polaris's factory gear. Didn't realize Polaris had bought them though. Good investment so long as they leave the company alone to keep making quality products.

I came very close to getting the AirWave jacket. I have become a huge fan of REV'IT! as of late. All but one pair of my gloves are made by them.

ducttapewd40

Just bought a pair of icon twenty-niners last weekend and am impressed by them, especially for being the cheapest pair of gloves the store had. They're comfortable and the ventilation works so well it feels like A/C on your hands once you get moving.

[div style=text-align:left]Made a Frankenstein outfit - obviously not loyal to a specific brand:

2014 A-Stars TGP R Air[/div]t-gp-r-wht-blk-red-jkt-US.jpg

Oxford Cool Dry Base layer
Oxford_Cool_Dry_Short_Sleeve_Shirt_detail_1__39801.1420400926.600.600.jpg?c=2

Dainese New Drake Air - those vent panels are AWESOME
F27214378.jpg

RS Taichi Raptor Leather - best fitting gloves I've tried & super comfy mesh lining inside
RST408_Red__15579.1417638256.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

A-Stars SMX-3 Vented
alpinestars_smx3_vented_boots_black_zoom.jpg

Arai Defiant - Asteroid (Red) + added Gold Mirror shield
Arai-Defiant_metabox.jpg

[div style=text-align:left]Made a Frankenstein outfit - obviously not loyal to a specific brand: 
2014 A-Stars TGP R Air[/div]t-gp-r-wht-blk-red-jkt-US.jpg

Oxford Cool Dry Base layer
Oxford_Cool_Dry_Short_Sleeve_Shirt_detail_1__39801.1420400926.600.600.jpg?c=2

Dainese New Drake Air - those vent panels are AWESOME
F27214378.jpg

RS Taichi Raptor Leather - best fitting gloves I've tried & super comfy mesh lining inside
RST408_Red__15579.1417638256.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

A-Stars SMX-3 Vented
alpinestars_smx3_vented_boots_black_zoom.jpg

Arai Defiant - Asteroid (Red) + added Gold Mirror shield
Arai-Defiant_metabox.jpg

Did you get em from Revzilla or from Motorcycle Superstore? I noticed that Revzilla doesn't sell RS Taichi for some reason but Motorcycle superstore does.

pantheraleo

• Premium Member

Well, I'm still wearing my Fox Creek Leather drifter jacket and honestly, it's the bees knees. It was over 100 degrees Tuesday with 85%+ humidity and 95+ the rest of the week, and if I'm moving - I'm comfortable.

Pretty righteous, I expected to have to hang the leather up but it actually flows more air than my old mesh jacket.

Obviously, traffic and extended stops cripple the comfort. But I faced both and got by fine. A tad sweaty in heavy, bumper to bumper traffic. However, I felt the same in my mesh. No matter what you wear, you still sweat in traffic.

Now I have a $100 kevlar lined denim jacket I will probably never wear. First world problem I s'pose.

Everything went braap.

Any recommended riding pants for hot SoCal summers?? I have icon knee armor, so the pants don't need armor too, though that would be preferred

Archived