The MT-07 Forum

really quick clip of the akrapovic full titanium exhaust

r6realtor

• Premium Member

I've been going back and forth between the Akrapovic and the Two Brothers. But the akrapovic just sounds so much more deep and aggressive.

I've been going back and forth between the Akrapovic and the Two Brothers. But the akrapovic just sounds so much more deep and aggressive.
Honestly the vid does it no justice, it just sounds down right deep and nasty in person!

2015 fz-07 akrapovic exhaust
2015 ktm 500 xc-w dirt/supermoto tire and wheels

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

@r6realtor is the baffle removed?

@r6realtor is the baffle removed?
yes baffle removed.

• Premium Member
yamahappy74

Is there a difference in sound between the Akrapovic Carbon and the Ti? Because in the videos I've seen, I feel like I like the sound of the carbon better but almost everyone seems to be getting the Ti. I also prefer the look of the carbon on liquid graphite.

• Premium Member

I'm trying to figure out if there is truly $200 worth of difference between the Ti and the Carbon ones myself

bmwpowere36m3

The titanium version is EPA/ECE/CE approved when used with the optional CAT insert and it looks more like a factory exhaust. Is it worth $200 more... depends.

I think it is just a matter of preference, I have the Two Brothers, and think the same thing about it as you said about the Akro...this is the video that got me hooked on Two Brothers 
[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbbRGfMMKxw]

for me it was definitely sound first off and then the look, I love how both sides of the bike look even now because the exhaust is kind of hidden under the bike.

• Premium Member
yamahappy74

I've noticed that too. It seems like Revzilla doesn't restock popular items often.

This is the video that got me looking at the Akrapovic system. 

Almost seems as if he has the cat installed still inside the mid to head pipe? I could be wrong and the vid just may mess with the sound but i feel like mine sounds so much deeper in person? Again could just be the vid that makes it sound a little raspy instead of deep once he hits the higher rpms, either way i absolutely love the sound of this exhaust! !

• Premium Member

Where is the cat typically installed? I'll be ordering mine next week and I was wondering about that.

Mine didn't even come with one but it goes between the mid and head pipe I believe. it shows you on the direction but again mine didn't even come with one and I would not have put it in if it did come with one anyway.

Archived