belleau1977

• Premium Member
belleau1977
You tall people have so many issues 
:D
That's funny! Thanks! 

• Premium Member
belleau1977
So today i day I went to the Kawsaki, KTM, and Yamaha shop after work. Finally sat on the Kawasaki Z800 and it fits me great! Love the look but also I previously had two other Z1000's so I guess that's why I like this bike too. I hate the 509 curb weight it says it weighs but in person and sitting on it I was quickly setting that to the side as I looks good. White is the best color. Cool thing I found out just like the FZ-07 the z800 has panels on the tank that come off also so it's not all metal tank. I love the KTM Duke 690 the shop had but 7,500 valve inspection suck since the jap bikes are 25,000 intervals. Sucks KTM is my favorite brand too. The FZ-09 to me is ugly but in person it's a tad better. This model has blue forks which look great on it. I have 7 weeks to think it all over but when I get back From Spain I'm going to walk into Big St Charles Motorsports in St. Louis with a few thousand dollars on me and let them know how serious I am. Westfield Powersports in Indianapolis is $1,000 cheaper on all their bikes so if the local shop won't come down much I'm getting a $200 plane ticket to Indy and riding the bike back 220 miles.
I am not sure about that 25k for all of the Japanese manufacturers.  I believe only Yamaha is that high.  I know the GSXR has an adjustment interval of 15k, and I am pretty sure that the Honda inline 4 interval is 16k, since my buddy has a CBR 600 RR and he keeps up with such things. 
I bet the Kawi is about the same, 15 or 16k.  That's not a deal breaker either way, but you COULD use it as a negotiating chip, eh?  Good luck haggling with the dealer.  They are tough in June.
Nice catch on me there I used my hidden super power of assuming again :) One thing on the Japanese bikes they are still way cheaper than Ducatis or any exotic bike out there for inspections. Here's a picture of my 2004 Kawasaki Z1000 I used to have. Also the KTM Duke 690 picture is exactly how I'd do the wheels on whatever I get. If I go the FZ route I'm doing red/white wheels. The Duke has a 6,200 interval inspection I checked and also called several dealers inquiring how much for the inspection which was between $250-$270 total. Love KTM but a majority of the forum info on the Duke for long distance or highway riding are saying it's not a good bike for long riding as it vibrates so much. I test road one and it reminded me of a Harley it vibrated so much. Still would make a fun bike though and that split wheel design looks sick on it!

[attachment id=492" thumbnail="1][attachment id=493" thumbnail="1]

• Premium Member
belleau1977

I might be swaying to the dark side away from the FZ-07 after finding these pictures of the Z800. Beautiful vinyl wraps which I was quoted $600-$800 for something like this from Cool Wraps in St. Louis so I might have to think about blowing that much money after all if it will look like the first picture. 

[attachment id=511" thumbnail="1][attachment id=510" thumbnail="1][attachment id=508" thumbnail="1][attachment id=507" thumbnail="1]

They're pretty cool, but those bright colors are little boastful for something that would be beaten by a 5 year old 636. Also, Monster, while I am addicted to their drinks, makes me think of bro trucks and subarus....

• Premium Member
belleau1977
They're pretty cool, but those bright colors are little boastful for something that would be beaten by a 5 year old 636. Also, Monster, while I am addicted to their drinks, makes me think of bro trucks and subarus....
I'm not into the energy drink craze so any bike I get will not be having their logo on it anywhere. As far as the Z800 being beaten by an old 636 I don't care about any of that stuff. Like all of you on here you get a bike because you like it maybe for looks or performance. I'm not out racing the track I'm riding the countryside and hitting the hills on it for a nice relaxing ride by myself. As far as bright colors I like something custom like this for everyone has the same looking bike everywhere you go it's the same dealership factory look on every bike. Some people like that and I'm cool with that as long as it puts a huge smile on your face at the end of the day that's all that matters and why you bought the bike. I plan on getting the first pictures graphics remade for the bike which right now it's looking more and more like I'm going that direction as the bike fits me very good.

• Global Moderator

For me I'm all about looks and not so much about performance as pretty much every sport bike out there does 100mph in like no time at all. I'd like the Augusta looks just like I like the Ducati Monster 696 but one thing those bikes will never have over a Japanese bike is the 25,000 mile valve inspection which is why I don't look at exotics. Also there is a Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki dealer every two or three towns not so much for Augusta, Triumph, or Ducati. My body size is the only thing keeping me looking at these inline four naked bikes since at six foot 220 lbs I just feel like I'm sitting on the tank of the FZ-07. It still fits me but the tank design of the FZ-09, GSX-S750, and Z800 fit me perfectly. Also I only get one shot to buy my first new bike so I have to make sure I get it right the first time. Honestly I like all four bikes and I'd buy them all if I could. The FZ forums are huge though so I'm aiming more for the FZ models really. Here's a picture of me sitting on the FZ-07 and the GSx750. It's where my knees are at is why I feel like I'm sitting on the tank. In the end I know whatever I get I'm going to be stoked riding from there on. Let me know if I look like an elephant on a monkey in the FZ picture. 

Im in the same boat man, 6'1 @255lbs, the fz07 fits me just fine, just had to rotate the bars a bit for better position. Ive put over 10k on the bike already, im greatly looking worwadd to the next 10k

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
belleau1977

@sorkyah if I had my way I'd get the FZ-07 and the Z800. Trying to get down from 220 lbs to 190 lbs range which I've been close to once in my life. I know the seat on these bikes would start to get more comfortable if I was a bit lighter in the rear. I fell in love with the FZ on my November test ride but it wasn't long enough or fast enough to get a feel for it. In the end I'm getting a new bike so I'm still winning either way :)

Some me days I feel like it's a flip of the coin which bike I get. Need to win the lottery so I don't have to choose!

[attachment id=512" thumbnail="1][attachment id=513" thumbnail="1]

Archived