belleau1977

New Naked bike to the market 2016 Kawasaki Z800

belleau1977
As if it wasn't hard enough making the decision on which first new bike I wanted to buy for a naked bike Kawasaki finally brings this to the states! I've seen this bike very time I go to the dealer in Seville Spain but don't pay much attention to it due to I know we don't have it in the states. I just found out a couple days ago it's coming in August or September for $8,300 price range. This bike is mean looking in person but the one thing that really makes me not like it is the 500+ lb weight it's caring. The Suzuki GSX-S750 I thought was heavy at 470 lbs weight. The FZ-09 is 416 lbs and the light FZ-07 is 396 lbs. this is a sweet looking bike but dang the weight puts me off. I've never worried about weight before but seeing the weight of all these bikes makes me realize maybe it's important to me after all. Better gas mileage at least. Thoughts? I like it but it's only offered in this color so far but in Europe they have several options for colors. The matte white with green is the best.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2015/06/02/2016-kawasaki-z800-abs-naked-motorcycle-review-first-look-photos-specifications/

[attachment id=459" thumbnail="1]

Cruizin
Too heavy. I have my FZ-09 down to 392 lbs and would eat that thing for lunch. And I bet that muffler is 20 lbs alone.
  • Like 1

she3pdog
I like the look, but it is way too heavy. I will say that the suspension on it seems to be pretty solid from what I've read. It's apparently adjustable for preload and rebound damping front and rear.

EDIT: After reading the article, I think the 509 lbs. might be a typo. It says 357 dry weight which is actually less than the FZ-07's dry weight of 362 lbs.

magsz18
I have no clue why this thing is as heavy as the Z1000...or almost as heavy.

Ridiculous.

she3pdog
Ridiculous.
I don't think it is, look at the dry weight value. Unless there is 150 lbs. worth of liquid somewhere on the bike, I'm pretty sure it is a mistake.

Cruizin
Wow, if it's 357 dry then that's a heck of a bike.

snowdriftless
I like the look, but it is way too heavy. I will say that the suspension on it seems to be pretty solid from what I've read. It's apparently adjustable for preload and rebound damping front and rear. 
EDIT: After reading the article, I think the 509 lbs. might be a typo. It says 357 dry weight which is actually less than the FZ-07's dry weight of 362 lbs.

I believe it will be somewhere in the range of the European model. That's listed 229 kg or (504 lbs.). That's a hefty bike! where are they putting on all those extra pounds? Other than the price why not get a Triumph Speed Triple instead?

Beemer
It has some nice features and looks similar to the FZ 07 but for $1,400 less I'd still rather have my FZ 07, mainly because it's a parallel twin that makes better low end torque. (personal preference) I would bet money mine sounds better also with the Akrapovic carbon that's installed.

Question: why do they keep putting those big, old school fenders on modern bikes that have a lot of sharp angles? They don't match IMO and everyone just seems to chuck them and get fender eliminators anyway. Oh, well.

2wheeldynoworks
It was awesome 4 years ago but the new bikes in the class outperform it. Good stunting bike is what i've heard though

massman
I test rode one a few weeks ago. A few impressions after 30 minutes ride:

It's heavy and it FEELS heavy. I've ridden 1000cc bikes that were way more nimble than the Z800.
The seating position is sort of aggressive. The lack of wind protection means the wind will hold you up at +80kmh though, but city riding is a pain.
If you like the transformer look, then it looks great. Personally I don't think the design will age well.
It sounds great even with standard exhaust, with aftermarket it might sound insane.
It's expensive. So expensive.
MT09 is cheaper and a better bike in almost every aspect.

Since it's your first bike I wouldn't fork out more than a MT07. It's plenty fast for a new rider.
  • Like 1

so1102
According to what I read (on Revzilla, I think) it will weigh 510 wet

so1102
Ridiculous.
It's actually heavier, and that is because its frame is steel whereas the Z1000 is aluminium

tino206
that is one sexy machine for sure

rick
Meh, it's got 2 too many cylinders
  • Like 1

mjh937
If you live in California you do not have to worry about this bike. It is a 49 state bike. I am glad I already made my decision. It is getting harder to decide, although I think the weight would end up ruling this one out.
  • Like 1