The MT-07 Forum

The new 2016 Yamaha YZ250X

Guru

Let me dream a bit. A dualsport version of this bike. Remember the Yamaha DT200R and Suzuki TS200R?

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

I remember the DT200R because I owned a 1990 DT200RA from brandy-new.
Fun bike that I had to buy in Canada since the USA didn't get any.

The YZ250X looks like just the bike for me if I were 30 years younger and had all of my favorite riding spots back.
Actually, I'd settle for the riding spots.

Let me dream a bit. A dualsport version of this bike. Remember the Yamaha DT200R and Suzuki TS200R?
yep ! I had a TS200R 1993, one thing I didn't liked, I smelled like gas after each ride. lol

@Guru You would want to install a flywheel weight on that bike because when a YZ250 powerband kicks in it can rip your arms off and that isn't always ideal on mountain signletrack, lol. I have seen guys loop their bikes out when the powerband kicks in on a YZ. Extrememly fast and fun bikes for wide open rips.

Still, at $7300 that is pretty tempting. One could easily install a flywheel weight and a baja designs dualsport light kit and electrical kit and still be at a pretty low price.

I might go test ride one when they come out in August. I'll be pissed if I like it because I'll have my Beta by then.

One could very easily make this street legal.
Sadly not here, in the province of Quebec, Canada. We can add all the required stuff to make it street legal. But if the model isn't on the list of street bikes, we can only register the bike for off-roading. 

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

• Global Moderator
Don't you just love it when big Government protects us like that?
Oh, don't get me started on politics.  >:D And trust me, the government is not small in Canada. 

Drool... but I'd "settle" for a WR250R just the same. Can two strokes be made street legal? Or is that a state-by-state thing?

Archived