The MT-07 Forum

Kevlar Riding Jeans

NICKY NEON

NICKY NEON

I bought a pair of river road jeans and there to baggy. so I sold them and now I was looking at a pair of the new 2015 slider jeans for $90.could anyone recommend a good fitting Kevlar jeans for me please.

bmwpowere36m3

Best way is to try them on... just like regular jeans. Too many styles and personal preference. I find Dainese jeans to be more straight, skinny cut. My Scorpion ones are relaxed fit. The Compaq sliders, one of them is supposed to be super baggy, the other (newer) is boot cut.

Generally MC jeans will be looser, since it's more comfortable when seated, throwing a leg over, bind up on/under knee, etc.... Don't forget if you get armor, you'll need the extra space.

I have the Joe Rocket Accelerator riding jeans and I can honestly say they do hold up, because I lowsided in them at about 20 mph and they held up 100%. No rips, just got dirty.

Take a look at Lean Angle Jeans. A little pricey, but they're a real piece of gear. Fully kevlar line, CE certified Level 2 abrasion resistance + hip/knee armor

I have the Scorpion Coverts. They are pretty nice for the price and the Covert Pro's were just released...

They have a fairly relaxed fit and look like they offer pretty solid protection for $120
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/scorpion-covert-jeans
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/scorpion-covert-pro-jeans

**edit** - I had to get mine hemmed because they were slightly baggy.... Made the mistake of getting them a little too short so my ankles are exposed while riding sometimes. If you want a perfect fit you will probably have to get them hemmed just remember to measure from a sitting or riding position rather than standing.

Dainese Montana 4D Jeans

I am 5'11 32" inseam with a 32-33" hips. Lean athletic build. These work great.

2013 Subaru BRZ
2007 CBR 600RR
φφκα

• 2 weeks later...

I recently bought the Dainese D1 Evo Jeans from Revzilla.  These have a pretty relaxed fit but just a hair on the fitted side right around the hips.  The thing I really like about these jeans is that they have long pockets for knee/shin guards with a hidden zipper to access them.  My daily ride pants are Dainese New Drake Air, and the knee/shin guards that come with those pants were a perfect drop-in for the D1 Evo's pockets - so, no need to buy extra stuff in my case.  These also have pockets for their hip pads, but make sure to account for the added width in the hips if you use them.

While I have not fallen in these, they feel like they could hold up well, with both Aramid fibers woven into the denim and Kevlar patches in the usual places.  A side benefit to the zippered access to the knee/shin pocket is that I can leave the zipper open and get some extra airflow to my legs on hot days.  Finally, these have a reflective stripe woven on the inside so you can roll the bottom instead of getting them hemmed.

If I had to say anything bad about these jeans, it would be that button flys are a PITA compared to zippers, and they are expensive compared to other options especially if you don't already have knee/shin guards that will fit.

I have the bull-it jeans made with covec. They are pretty comfortable.
I got those jeans yesterday. Only armored jeans I found that fit me. They do feel very comfortable and the lining is really soft.  Pricey though (close to $200 after taxes).  
They are heavy. Hope they aren't too hot. They are supposed to be breathable with decent water resistance.

I just got the rev'it lombard jeans. They fit good if you're not into baggy jeans. They fit over my alpine star Smx 1 shoes just fine. It took me a while to finally decide on which pair to get. Once you see them in person you know right away that they are quality. It does fit a bit big on the waist but still fine. I thought that the knee protectors sat too low and on my shins but in a riding portion they sit fine. They are pricey but since they are denim and less protective than leathers, I need top notch quality. So thus far, I like them.

I have the bull-it jeans made with covec. They are pretty comfortable.
I got those jeans yesterday. Only armored jeans I found that fit me. They do feel very comfortable and the lining is really soft.  Pricey though (close to $200 after taxes).  
They are heavy. Hope they aren't too hot. They are supposed to be breathable with decent water resistance.

They are OK in the breathability aspect. Not the greatest for a long ride on a hot day, I find that if your out for awhile like more than 4 hrs, you will develop a pretty uncomfortable case of nut puddle. You gotta spread your knees out while at speed every now and then to air the boys out.

Boom

I gave them a good workout today. Not real hot weather but they were warm. Had to stop and go into a store and I had to keep yarding them up. Heavy. Still better than my old joe rocket pants - they are brutal.

What I do like about them is the 100% liner instead of kevlar patches here and there.

wow I was looking to spend about $100 for a good pair, I see they don't come with hip pads for that kind of money.
has anyone tried finn moto jeans I here there 100% covered with Kevlar?

• Premium Member

I acquired a hand me down of the Bilt Iron Workers cargo Kevlar pants from my brother and they fit surprisingly well. They come with CE approved knee armor and can be purchased from Cyclegear for about $80. Nice thing about these is you can try them on if you have a local Cyclegear. I don't ever ride without them even in 95+ degrees.

I agree with you I rather be warm and safe than being cool. being new and trying to find a good jean is harder than finding a good bike.

• 3 weeks later...

well I broke down and bought a good pair of Kevlar jeans. I went with the finn moto there 100% covered with Kevlar and comes with ce knee protection.
its the only company that tells you about the Kevlar they use, the weight and how long you can slide on them before they rip. should be getting them in by the end of the week.

would like to say thank you everyone for helping out. im a noob rider :)

oooh... they're gonna have Slim Straight jeans coming soon... i'll be on the lookout, my scorpion pro is way too baggy. Had to have them readjusted

yes I saw that but I was not sure if its going to be skinny jeans, I was just looking for regular straight leg jeans. ill find out by then end of the week when they come in if there baggy or straight leg jeans. ill let you know.

Archived