motoboy250

new member! just bought 15 fz-07

motoboy250
New member here, just picked up a new fz-07 this weekend. What mods does everyone think the bike needs? (besides exhaust) Just ordered a powerbronze 330mm windscreen, thinking about doing a home made radiator guard like the diy ones on here. Rode 90miles last night and bugs are caked in the radiator! 
  • Like 1

Beemer
Welcome! Depends on 'your' needs as to what it needs. I went with want. Functionality and looks are what's at question more than anything so how do you want it to look and perform?

motoboy250
i just want it to look good, like removing the ugly tail on it. would like to get protection parts for it like the radiator guard and what not. sliders not to worried about it they look cool but wouldnt serve a purpose. this is mainly a bike im using on the nice days to get to work and have fun in the twisties on the weekends.

hippiebikerchick
Welcome motoboy250! Tail tidy and radiator guard are a good start; as you read this forum and ride it more you will figure out what you want/need!  ;)

snowdriftless
Welcome to the forum! Get a radiator guard, Keep bugs out of there.

motomeek
Welcome!

We have a few great vendors on the forum for you to choose from if you're looking for anything! Check 'em out. Some even offer discounts just for being on here!

djdiddles
Welcome! I would recommend a Radiator guard and some frame sliders. in my honest opinion, the two most important mods on a bike to get asap.

norcal616
Tail tidy...windscreen...rad guard and an ECU reflash by 2wheeldynoworks is your best bang for your dollar over getting an exhaust and fuel controller...

ryan4130
If you do the diy rad guard feel free to shoot me any questions. OES frame sliders are nice and competitively inexpensive
  • Like 1

tino206
Welcome..I have focused on lights, LED headlight bulb, led turning signals in the front and turning signals from @wickedtwister

motoboy250
If you do the diy rad guard feel free to shoot me any questions. OES frame sliders are nice and competitively inexpensive
so pretty much this is just like and aluminum mesh 1/4"? i couldnt find it in the link that was on your thread, for some reason it brought me to a different spot. I saw you diy thread and that looks ten times better than a 120 dollar guard!
  • Like 1

djdiddles
I just went to home depot and got some wire mesh that went over some gutters. Just sat down with some wire cutters and done!

Very simple and easy.

motoboy250
I just went to home depot and got some wire mesh that went over some gutters. Just sat down with some wire cutters and done! 
Very simple and easy.
is that even wide enough? if so ill go there at lunch and get some!

ryan4130
@motoboy250 the 1/4" aluminum mesh would work good. The important thing is that you want a pattern with the highest percentage of open area possible, while still having protection from things hitting your radiator. The hex pattern mesh that I used has an open area of 80%. 1/4" circular preforated sheet has an open area of 58% max, depending on hole arrangement.

Btw the link in my DIY thread for the hex sheet I used I s intended to link there. That is Industrial Metal Supply's supplier for the various preforated sheet patterns they sell, and is the website that IMS provides on their website.
  • Like 1

ryan4130
https://www.industrialmetalsupply.com/Products/perforated-sheet

Go there and then click on the various links to see specs on the round hole sheet or square hole sheet or complex pattern (hex, etc) sheet. They specify the open area % for each pattern available and is where I got my open area % numbers from in the post above.
  • Like 1