The MT-07 Forum

Led Blinkers That Aren't So Small??

captainbeard714

captainbeard714

Well I really don't like the big giant pumpkin stock blinkers, but I have yet to upgrade because I really can't find any blinkers that really stand out to me. What are the best looking blinkers for this bike? Want to hear opinions.
Also, the main thing that is keeping me away from the leds is that they all look so small and tiny and puny. To me some of these super small tiny led blinkers look just as odd as the big factory ones. Are there any out there that aren't as big as the stock blinkers, but not so tiny? I like stuff that looks like it belongs on the bike stock. Just throwin it out there! Help me decide on blinkers!

• Global Moderator
Well I really don't like the big giant pumpkin stock blinkers, but I have yet to upgrade because I really can't find any blinkers that really stand out to me. What are the best looking blinkers for this bike? Want to hear opinions. Also, the main thing that is keeping me away from the leds is that they all look so small and tiny and puny. To me some of these super small tiny led blinkers look just as odd as the big factory ones. Are there any out there that aren't as big as the stock blinkers, but not so tiny? I like stuff that looks like it belongs on the bike stock. Just throwin it out there! Help me decide on blinkers!
http://fz07.org/thread/2580/
These are an awesome setup for a post fender delete. As far as fronts i went with these, http://www.motodynamic.com/yamaha/turn-signals/flush-mount-led-front-turn-signals-2006-2007-yamaha-yzf-r6.html
Both setups are plug and play, and the flush mounts allow you to keep the front running lights should you prefer

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Global Moderator

This is why I went for the stock European blinkers. The size is just right and I like the factory look of them.
The orange pumpkins are way too big and look like an afterthought to accommodate the NA market and the available after market led are too small for my taste. I can swap the bulbs in the signals for led's if I want. 

IMG_1062.jpg

This is why I went for the stock European blinkers. The size is just right and I like the factory look of them. The orange pumpkins are way too big and look like an afterthought to accommodate the NA market and the available after market led are too small for my taste. I can swap the bulbs in the signals for led's if I want. 

IMG_1062.jpg

Are the euro signals plug and play? And where did you order them from? It's been hard trying to decide on signals, but I like the clear ones.

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

I haven't installed any aftermarket turn signals. I like the look of the euro turn signals, but I am also partial to these and these. I think they keep to the "Angular and Edgy" look of the FZ-07. @guru do you know if there is there any way to use the euro style signals and keep the running lights active?

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

• Global Moderator

@raceblue:   I bought them off a member living in Belgium. He upgraded his to led's. The rear ones are plug and play but the front you will have to be more creative because you will loose the front DRL's. Mine had the connectors snipped off so I had to solder them. Needless to say that they fit perfectly. I also had to replace the relay to avoid the fast blink due to the difference in wattage. There's a write-up here.

• Global Moderator
Do you know if there is there any way to use the euro style signals and keep the running lights active?
No, the bulbs are a different size so you can't swap them out of the cantaloupes. And you are missing a wire to power the running lights. But you headlight has more then enough light so I honestly don't see the point of having two orange drl's.

captainbeard714

Thanks for all the ideas guys. The rear panels and flush mounts are cool, but not sure if theyre my style. Really dig the euro blinkers! Seem to be a lot more low key and a little smaller, but I cant for the life of me find them anywhere easily. Seems like a little bit of a hassle to make them work and blink properly too, might as well just go full aftermarket LED IMO. Think I need to just find a good pair of regular aftermarket leds. Just want ones that fit the look of the bike, arent too small, and arent cheap looking.

Saw that there are some genuine yamaha LED turn signals that looked pretty nice. I think theyre sold on a yamaha parts website from canada or something. Still looked a little small.

I also saw some CNC "bomb" turn singals that seemed to be exactly what I was looking for. Matched the bike well and seem like a quality built and looking product. But I found pictures of them actually on a bike and they too look pretty small.

http://www.pjsparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=5073

• Global Moderator

The Euro blinkers are pretty much the same work as after market led ones. You simply replace the stalks and the relay.

You are right, the yamaha ones are nice too. Here's a link

YME-W0789-20-00.jpg

• 1 month later...

I too like the Yamaha LED's and have read somewhere that the LighTech Smoked Tear Drop are the same. Does anybody know for certain they are the same?

• Premium Member
grahamfz07
I too like the Yamaha LED's and have read somewhere that the LighTech Smoked Tear Drop are the same. Does anybody know for certain they are the same?
Here they are, look pretty damn close 
Lightech FRE907

Archived