The MT-07 Forum

Yamaha FZ-07 dash error code

mikey

My dash is displaying a error code 5d__24. Was hoping someone with the book could help me with what it stands for.

• Premium Member

A self diagnosis code of 24 means

no normal signals are received from the O2 sensor

Hmm yea I disconnected it when I I stalled my akrapovic exhaust but that was weeks ago and the code just popped up today I noticed while I was cruising on the highway. I rode my bike super hard today so I was worried I may have messed something up.

• Premium Member
phicurious86

Weird. I rode my bike daily for a month without the 02 sensor connected and never got an error. Did you disconnect at the harness or the exhaust?

• Premium Member
phicurious86

Hmmm I did the same. I know quite a few people are running without the sensor connected and aren't getting any errors. Do any other work on the bike that may have funked up the wiring between the ecu and the harness?

@so1102 might just 2x check that error code too.

• Premium Member
phicurious86

Same reason I had my 02 sensor disconnected.

hmmm mine has pipe, ekj and removed the o2 completely off the bike from the plug in and put a screw in the hole....no errors or issues and have ridden pretty hard since I did that (about 2 months ago now)

• Premium Member
Hmmm I did the same. I know quite a few people are running without the sensor connected and aren't getting any errors. Do any other work on the bike that may have funked up the wiring between the ecu and the harness?  
@so1102 might just 2x check that error code too.
triple checked it -- that is what the service manual says.  But, I am a software architect, not a service technician.  If you are concerned take it to a shop.

6862E905-F9AB-40F5-B3A4-7C19ACFF47F5.png

I disconnected my O2 sensor at the plug behind the frame cover, no issues for me. Maybe check to see that no moisture got into that plug.

rotaryryan24

I had that code show on my bike, the o2 sensor was disconnect. I was in the middle of trying to find top speed when it came on. Plugged it back later that day and after a few minutes it went away. Then disconnected it again and have not had it come on again, this was over 2k miles ago.

You do or don't
Then your dead.

To order a tail tidy click
One-off-fabrication.myshopify.com

Yea well that makes sense being that I was driving top speed for almost 90 miles today XD. I'll try plugging it back up later to see if it will go away. Tha KS for all the help guys!

Archived