The MT-07 Forum

Exhaust Baffle Gone? I'm baffled!

hobbs

• Premium Member

So I have my delkevic can apart to repack and I noticed I no longer have a baffle! It's simply not there. I never removed it, so I guess it was sacrificed to the tarmac.

wtf, over?!

@marthy ... have an extra baffle laying around you'd sell me? Going to see if I can source one from del if not.

Periodically check your guys exhaust and make sure you didn't lose your baffle somewhere.

Oh, and at about 8-9k miles, the packing material did look pretty shot. Don't forget to repack every few thousand miles ladies and gentlemen.

Everything went braap.

Likes for thread title pun. What are the ill effects of not having a properly packed exhaust?

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

• Premium Member

Overall, a loud, crappy running bike.

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member

Man, how is the baffle secured on a Delv for it to just disappear?

And I've heard the standard packing time is about 10K... but of course it can all depend on other factors like environment, riding style, etc.

I'm going to have to get minw repacked at the end of the month. Last time I switched my packing out at 10K (on another bike), the guy at the shop said mine was still in pretty good condition.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member

Looks pretty similar to most other exhausts, a set screw. Maybe someone stole it? I have no clue, I'm still kind of shocked over it, hah.

The packing material at the base of the muffler looked decent. Towards the end it was more.. I don't know, charred? And starting to get thin in spots. I didn't think to take any photos. I could probably have gone another 1 or 2 thousand miles, but I just didn't want to have to think about it for the rest of the year. (or so)

Everything went braap.

Archived