The MT-07 Forum

New to forum

Naparider

Hey everyone,
I'm Kevin. I just started riding last summer. I have been eyeing the FZ-07 for months now, and since my DRZ-400 decided to crack the crankcase in half and throw the rod, it's time for a new bike. I test rode the FZ-07 yesterday, and I loved it. Sadly, that dealer only had a red, used demo model.

I wanted to be able to ask some questions before I purchased, so I signed up. I have the other dealer prepping a gray one for me for a peace of mind test ride on Tuesday before I purchase. I will certainly come back here and post pics as soon as I buy the bike.

I'm excited to be part of the community here!

2015 FZ-07, Graphite
Puig Touring windscreen, custom fit frame sliders, graves fender eliminator, evotech radiator guard, mad hornets adjustable levers, and coming soon, two brothers S1R and EJK
RIP 01 DRZ-400 (crank failure)

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome Naparider! Glad you joined our little group! We have a lot of answers so ask away.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member

Welcome and I hope you find what you are looking for...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

@Naparider Don't know if you signed any papers yet but check out the pricing thread to help you negotiate best price at the dealer

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

@Naparider Don't know if you signed any papers yet but check out the pricing thread to help you negotiate best price at the dealer

Thanks! Hoping to get a decent price from the dealer that dropped the ball getting me a test ride, yet I still came back to them.

2015 FZ-07, Graphite
Puig Touring windscreen, custom fit frame sliders, graves fender eliminator, evotech radiator guard, mad hornets adjustable levers, and coming soon, two brothers S1R and EJK

I assume you are from central cali from your name. I think a good price from the dealer $7400 OTD, with some negotiating. Someone posted up pictures on here of how the bike comes shipped in a crate from Yamaha, showing it is like fully assembled and the dealer installs the front wheel and maybe add some fluids to finish it. Yet, most dealers charge around $500 in "set-up fee"... most other bikes don't come as fully assembled as the fz-07 does which justifies this fee, but not for our bikes. If you can find the picture, keep that in your back pocket while negotiating.

In my case, the dealer itemized the final sale of my bike as follows:
For unit: $5999
Freight and setup: $932
Dealer doc prep fee $55
etc. sales tax and DMV fees.

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

• Premium Member

I opted to let them basicly set up the bike so I could have the 1 year warranty that came with the bike or if I wanted to set the bike up myself the dealership wanted me to sign a waiver and I would lose the 1yr warranty or would not qualify for the extend warranty deal... not sure if that's the same everywhere...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

I wouldn't setup the bike myself either. Im surprised they even offered

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome and enjoy your new ride when you get it!

• Global Moderator

Hi @Naparider, great to have you on board. As for you questions, people here are eager to answer them so fire way. I never heard of a dealer offering a bike in the crate so you have to set it up after signing a waiver. I can't imagine Yamaha accepting this.

I assume you are from central cali from your name. I think a good price from the dealer $7400 OTD, with some negotiating. Someone posted up pictures on here of how the bike comes shipped in a crate from Yamaha, showing it is like fully assembled and the dealer installs the front wheel and maybe add some fluids to finish it. Yet, most dealers charge around $500 in "set-up fee"... most other bikes don't come as fully assembled as the fz-07 does which justifies this fee, but not for our bikes. If you can find the picture, keep that in your back pocket while negotiating. 
In my case, the dealer itemized the final sale of my bike as follows:
For unit: $5999
Freight and setup: $932
Dealer doc prep fee $55
etc. sales tax and DMV fees.
I am in Cali. I will definitely keep that in mind, and probably take a picture with me for the negotiation process. It helps that the guy dropped the ball with the test ride, and when I called him back and asked him to set one up for a test ride there, and probably a purchase, he told me on the phone we could work out a deal. Bottom line is I'm most likely gonna be loading it up in my truck and driving home with it, whether I can talk them down to a good price or not. I haven't ridden in a month now (save the 10 minute test ride), and I'm really wanting to get on a bike and ride.

2015 FZ-07, Graphite

Just make sure the dealer doesn't know your intentions of leaving with a bike with or without the price you need. Taking in the picture of the bike unassembled in crate would be good to show them, just so they know you aren't to be taken as unknowledgeable. Don't be afraid to walk. I've known people who have walked out during negotiations before and sometimes they get a better deal because of it. Dealers are a dime a dozen.  Good luck and let us know if you get one

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

• Global Moderator

Here are some crate pics if you need them:

IMG_0882.jpg

IMG_0884.jpg

IMG_0885.jpg

Thanks @Guru. I was having a hard time finding those

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

Off to the dealer in about an hour!

2015 FZ-07, Graphite

Welcome! We have many answers and things to show you! Enjoy that new bike!

[video src=https://youtu.be/lKfupO4ZzPs]

Beemer

Picked it up for 8200 OTD (california sucks sometimes).b18c67b31f63c6549836079736fc14ff.jpg7e29f3fb1d4f4cd0b2283a12daf1c945.jpg66d671ef2798316e4e514fb25888d26e.jpg505721ae99c11d5d1d3ee899f3192d44.jpg
Super stoked to ride!

2015 FZ-07, Graphite

Archived