The MT-07 Forum

Subtle change for the front turn signals

JA50N

Since the amber pumpkins are starting to grow on me, I decided to make a subtle change to the front turn signals to make them look better.  Let's see how long it takes you guys to figure out what I did...

BC9228CE-004E-44FF-94A9-9F9181E0A9AA_zpsqqypumot.jpg

Another angle

c7b432d3-13f9-41e5-bd76-26d95f82db5d_zpsauzmtmrj.jpg

• Global Moderator

Are they shorter? No I mean longer, no higher, no lower ;)

• Premium Member

Looks like you took the rubber boot off the stalk.

Why can't left turners see us?

That didn't take long, haha. I like the look much better and no more bouncing too.

• Premium Member

I like it. They don't seem quite as... ummm... conspicuous.

Why can't left turners see us?

I'm trying to do what you did. Did you just press them in without the boot. It's seems pretty solid or did you secure it somehow?

pantheraleo
That didn't take long, haha. I like the look much better and no more bouncing too.
That's a pretty good look. I, too, have grown fond of the pumpkin lights.

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

thomascrown

I like the pumpkins because they more easily catch the eye of other motorists. I don't like the pumpkins because they are ugly. I still am conflicted as to what to do. Your mod is a great compromise.

It's actually more involved than I thought it was going to be. First, you need a set of these:

http://www.motodynamic.com/yamaha/turn-signal-adapters.html

You end up using all 4 of them on just the front 2 turn signals. Once you pull the head light off and get the turn signals off you start to see what you need to do. Take the rubber portion off the signal (it involves some cutting of metal and rubber) then you use the adaptor plates and the stock nut on the hole in the head light where the turn signals go. You will have to dremel the adaptors' holes out some to accommodate the wires and the metal shoulder. Then you use the stock nut, trim the stock oval washer to a roundish shape and the adapters and sandwich the whole mess on the turn signal hole in the head light. The adaptors fit these holes perfectly. If you need pics, look at rotaryryan's thread on his tail tidy. It shows all the parts of the stock turn signals.

Archived