Sign in to follow this  
evfz

New Member from NorCal - Let the Mods Begin!

evfz
Just purchased the liquid graphite one week ago and have parts lined up for mods/installs this weekend. Yosh exhaust, PCV, and shorty levers all set to go. More parts expected next week. I've owned many motorcycles, most recently, a DL650. I'm enjoying this nimble, light weight torque machine!
FZ07Goodies_zpsapkvblaa.jpg

norcal616
Welcome and I'm from NorCal myself...used to live in grass valley..

snowdriftless
Welcome to the forum!

evfz
Welcome and I'm from NorCal myself...used to live in grass valley..
Thanks for the welcome. NorCal616, I know Grass Valley well...I live near Auburn. Are you still up this way? 
Couldn't help myself this morning, so got up at 5am and installed the Yoshimura exhaust. Took about 1 hour. Can't start it yet because it's still too early!

I'm going to run this on the seat of the pants dyno for a while to see if adding the exhaust causes a loss in torque or lean stall issue before I unbox and install the Power Commander.
Yosh_zpszgrpx9ys.jpg

hippiebikerchick
Welcome evfz! Good lookin' bike, I love those Yoshi pipes!

norcal616
evfz... I moved to Michigan 8 years ago and just about each day in the winter time here I wish I was still living in Norcal So I can ride all year around...

evfz
Definitely going to install PCV after my ride into work this morning. A/F needs some tweaking after exhaust install.

bafricawala
Welcome to the group.

I am from NorCal too. Staying in Sacramento. 

Is the Auburn thats on I80. Recently I took a ride from Auburn to Placerville on CA-49 highway. Awesome road for biking

norcal616
Yes! Highway 49 is a nice cruise... I used to live a quick 3 min walk from the Dew Drop Inn off of CA-49...

evfz
Yes! Highway 49 is a nice cruise... I used to live a quick 3 min walk from the Dew Drop Inn off of CA-49...

49 through Cool to Placerville is a fun ride.

Just took bike out for test ride after install of PCV with map from Dynojet. Bottom end is back, no more deceleration popping, and throttle response is excellent. Anyone who says that fuel management add on is not necessary with Yosh exhaust is leaving power and ridability on the table!
  • Like 1

evfz
evfz... I moved to Michigan 8 years ago and just about each day in the winter time here I wish I was still living in Norcal So I can ride all year around...

My family is going on vacation in Ludington this July. My wife's family is from Chicago and would gather in Ludington each summer when she was a kid. Neat spot!
  • Like 1

Eastern Kayaker
Welcome! Have fun with those mods.