The MT-07 Forum

Head shake

kakusaizou

• Premium Member
I agree, try "hard" enough and any bike will do it.  Maybe what @rowdy is getting at is how easy it is induced… compared to other bikes.  I haven't tried it yet on this bike, but both my other bikes ,at freeway speeds, if I jerk the handlebars I'll get an oscillation that'll damp out on its own.  However I've never had it happen during "normal" riding.
I didn't mean it is a problem with the FZ-07, I mean it is a problem with the OP's bike.  Like I said before, I've tried to do it on my bike, and the bike self corrects quickly. 

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member

I also see that some frame sliders require the owner to remove the stock bolt and replace it with a longer bolt that may or may not be the same as the stock bolt...changing bolts on motor mounts or the frame can have an effect on how a bike handles...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

bmwpowere36m3
I also see that some frame sliders require the owner to remove the stock bolt and replace it with a longer bolt that may or may not be the same as the stock bolt...changing bolts on motor mounts or the frame can have an effect on how a bike handles...

If properly torqued, I highly doubt.

kakusaizou

Folks, get out and run your FZ-07 at 60mph+, quickly jerk/wiggle your handlebar left-right and report back. I would appreciate it.

• Premium Member
Folks, get out and run your FZ-07 at 60mph+, quickly jerk/wiggle your handlebar left-right and report back. I would appreciate it.
Okay... sorry.  I reread you first post and if it self corrected, it wasn't speed wobble.  Speed wobble continues and sometimes gets worse until something interferes with the feedback mechanism or something really bad happens. :( I think it is normal for the bars to wobble for a second or two with intentional disturbance at those speeds (but it should self correct).
I'm sorry for the misunderstanding from your first post and the corresponding confusion it may have caused subsequent responders.

Why can't left turners see us?

bmwpowere36m3

Just got back from a ride… new bike, only 120 miles, 60-70 mph, intentional jerk of the handlebars and the bike oscillates/wobbles for ~2-3 cycles. Definitely nothing concerning or scary and each oscillation is progressively smaller in amplitude (damped). However if you keep jerking the handlebars, during the wobble, back and forth… yeah, then it's worse.

kakusaizou
Just got back from a ride… new bike, only 120 miles, 60-70 mph, intentional jerk of the handlebars and the bike oscillates/wobbles for ~2-3 cycles. Definitely nothing concerning or scary and each oscillation is progressively smaller in amplitude (damped). However if you keep jerking the handlebars, during the wobble, back and forth… yeah, then it's worse.
Thank you good sir. Looks like I'll just have to live with it or get a damper. Still not excited it is this easy to wobble the bars.  

bmwpowere36m3
Thank you good sir. Looks like I'll just have to live with it or get a damper. Still not excited it is this easy to wobble the bars.
I didn't say it was easy… and it's not something I experience while riding.  I could see it happening during a high-speed swerve maneuver, possibly.  So maybe there's something with your bike or maybe "technique".  Can you post a video of it happening?

• Premium Member

These bikes are quick to respond to any rider input...they are built to be nimble... 8-)

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

You hit a bump mid-corner that you didn't see coming.
Sounds normal.

If you have the balls to do so, ride through the same corner at the same pace over the same bump, but this time knowing where the bump is.Report back.

• Premium Member

I get it too sometimes. I'll try and get a video but I'm not going to force the issue to hard!

33psi front 36psi rear

:: '15 Pearl White FZ-07 - OES Frame/Fork/Swingarm Sliders - Motodynamic LED Tail - Yoshimura Fender Eliminator - RIDEIT Levers - Yoshimura R-77 Carbon Exhaust - Seat Concepts - Evotech Radiator Guard & Pillion Kit - TechSpec Grip - Cyclops H4 LED - LED Turn Signals - Progrip 699s - R6 Throttle Tube - K&N Filters - SM M1 Handlebars - EPFA Pads - Gilles Rearsets - 2WDW ECU Flash - CRG Arrows - Forks By Matt Cartridges - K-tech Razor-R Shock - GoCruise Throttle Lock::

Archived