The MT-07 Forum

New member in MD

Papa L

Hi all. I've been lurking on the board for awhile now, decided to finally introduce myself. I recently picked up the FZ-07 as my first bike and even though I can't legally ride it yet, take the Basic Rider course early June, I've been tinkering with the bike already. I come from the car mod community so I couldn't help myself. So far I've done the LED headlight, tail tidy, replaced the Christmas bulbs with LED turn signals, and installed some frame sliders; all pretty much thanks to the advise of this board. I picked up that Proficient Motorcycling book and am working my way through that. I have taken the bike out a couple of times around the neighborhood, put an entire mile on it, and haven't hit anything yet. I have no problem taking my time and learning the right way. Oh and I already updated the map with my location. Besides all that I'm prior service Air Force but was raised in the Army but my biggest accomplishment is that my son has survived with me (single dad) hahaha.

LBIUwfa.jpg

• Premium Member

Welcome! Single dads unite :) Nice color choice too.

[Edit:  I'm prior USAF also -- was a programmer for the AWACS and ABCCCIII systems in the early 90's]

• Premium Member
snowdriftless
Forgot to mention that I also replaced the rear tail light. Here's a video of it: http://streamable.com/5pm7 

Welcome to the forum! Is that the Motodynamic tail light? It looks different. 

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

• Global Moderator

Hi @papal, great to have you here. I bet you can't wait to take it on a bigger ride. Take your time and enjoy every minute. Bikes are awesome.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome Papa L, nice lookin' bike! You're doing it the right way by taking the class and reading that book. Enjoy!  :)

Illegitimi non carborundum

Archived