The MT-07 Forum

Fluorescent yellow grips?

yamahappy74

• Premium Member
yamahappy74

So I'm finding it difficult to accessorize my liquid graphite FZ because there isn't much you can do color-wise with grey and blue. But then I thought I could put fluorescent yellow rim tape on and then match that with a couple other accessories to the give the bike a little more pop and visibility. I'm ordering the graphic 3 design tape from MotoInkz.com but I'm having trouble finding decent grips with the same color detail. Gold seems common but not what I want.
Anyone have a resource for that? Same with clutch/brake levers.
EDIT: I should clarify. I'm having trouble finding good looking grips that aren't motocross or closed end.

• 1 month later...
crescentwrench

Hey I've been thinking the same thing, accessorizing with neon yellow.

Maybe frame sliders, repainting helmet to include neon yellow.

Have you done anything with it yet? I'm curious what the wheel stripes would look like.

• Premium Member
yamahappy74

I haven't. Unfortunately, money has become a bit of an issue this summer. Getting married soon so I've got to prioritize and just be happy I have a bike, lol. My girl rides too, so she understands, but I need to come through for her first. I've got a list of parts I want to buy this winter though. Spring will be extra fun.

I haven't. Unfortunately, money has become a bit of an issue this summer. Getting married soon so I've got to prioritize and just be happy I have a bike, lol. My girl rides too, so she understands, but I need to come through for her first. I've got a list of parts I want to buy this winter though. Spring will be extra fun.
Congrats!  I feel your pain.

• Premium Member

Well, not quite fluorescent yellow, but Driven Racing makes grips with gold anodized accents, and you can get clear grip material too.

• 1 month later...
crescentwrench

Congratulations - I just GOT married. We're broke too. Cosmetic upgrades have to wait. Like you, I'm just glad I have a bike! Soooo glad :)

Archived