The MT-07 Forum

Pirelli MT60 tires?

belleau1977

• Premium Member
belleau1977

I love the Pirelli MT60 tires that come on the Ducati Scrmabler. What's your thoughts for a set of these on the FZ-07? I think they could look pretty bad ass possibly?

[attachment id=349" thumbnail="1][attachment id=348" thumbnail="1]

• Premium Member

Couldn't find rear tire size of our FZ for these, they look good and would help me to for unpaved roads.

Couldn't find rear tire size of our FZ for these, they look good and would help me to for unpaved roads.
Here our exact tire measurements are listed under the 17" sections for front and rear. 

• Premium Member
belleau1977

No clue how they ha doe on a FZ but I think they might look kind of tough on it. I sat on a matte grey FZ at the Seville Spain dealer today for like the twentieth time in the year I've been here so when I get home and I end up going with the FZ-07 I have a feeling I'll be the first one to try them out. For me it's all about the looks as I'm not a track rider I just like to ride the country roads and enjoy the ride. Hopefully they aren't slick on the pavement?

thomascrown

It's primarily a pavement tire, since the Ducati Scrambler is technically a faux Scrambler built for 95 percent street use.

• Premium Member

Those tires do look really cool, and the description: "A radial tyre designed for use on superbikes and fun bikes on asphalt surfaces or off road." would lead me to believe they are a good, versatile tire. I wouldn't mind being able to hit a gravel section every now and then and having tires that can handle it.

Why can't left turners see us?

The rim of the 07 is too wide for this tire. They are often use for dualsport and supermoto. For unpaved road, they are great. I would love tu put tires like that or equivalent. The problem is the width of the rear rim of the FZ-07 is too wide for the tire's size that are available. ??? Many big adventure bikes have narrower rear rim. And their front rim is 19 or 21 inch rim.

The new Continental TKC 70 exists in a 170/60R17. With a front Avon Distanzia 120/70R17, this combo might work.

Just checked the Contitrail Attack 2. They are less agressive than the MT60. But they are offered for the tires's size of the FZ-07. :D
It's the same case with Pirelli Scorpion Trail et Metzeler Tourance Next.

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

• Premium Member

The Contitrail Attack 2 doesn't look as awesome, but having a lot of experience with Conti tires from cycling, I'm sure they are top notch.

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member
belleau1977

Bummer I just looked up the info on Pirelli a and it doesn't fit as said. Maybe in the future they will make one our size.

Bummer I just looked up the info on Pirelli a and it doesn't fit as said. Maybe in the future they will make one our size.
The Pirelli Scorpion Trail is replaced by the Scorpion Trail II. They offer the right size for our FZ. front tire:120/70 ZR 17 M/C (58W) TL
rear tire:180/55 ZR 17 M/C (73W) TL

Good news, The same size as above is available for the Pirelli MT60 RS. I don't know yet if they are avalaible here in Canada and the USA.

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

Archived