The MT-07 Forum

Hello from Utah

jeepinbassist

jeepinbassist

Hey everyone! I recently sold my first motorcycle, a 1981 Honda CB750C and should be getting an FZ-07 within the next couple of weeks. I decided to join the forum to learn some things and introduce myself.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome! As you will see, plenty of information on this forum to help you learn about the FZ-07.  I purchased mine this past February and love it, it is a fun bike. 

• Premium Member

Another Utah rider! Cool. I'm in Taylorsville. What part you from?

Why can't left turners see us?

jeepinbassist
Another Utah rider! Cool. I'm in Taylorsville. What part you from?

I'm in Murray so just a couple miles away. There's also another fz07 rider the lives near me. Not sure if he is on any forums though.

• Premium Member

I got mine from South Valley Motorsports, and they didn't give me a bargain. With all of the miscellaneous charges (prep, destination, license, documentary service?, taxes, etc, etc, etc.... I think it was a little less than $7,900.

BTW.  jeepinbassist, I play drums.  ;)

jeepinbassist
I got mine from South Valley Motorsports, and they didn't give me a bargain. With all of the miscellaneous charges (prep, destination, license, documentary service?, taxes, etc, etc, etc.... I think it was a little less than $7,900. 
BTW.  jeepinbassist, I play drums.  ;)

Ok thanks for letting me know. The rider that I met bought his there but he told me he paid just shy of $9800 with a $500 warranty. Maybe he mixed up numbers because that is way too much.

• Premium Member

I bought mine like February 2nd, so it was before the summer rush. ;)
What kinda music do you play?

jeepinbassist
I bought mine like February 2nd, so it was before the summer rush. ;) What kinda music do you play?

Hopefully I'll be able to get mine at a decent price. My favorite band is Rush so mainly music in that genre but I'll play anything that catches my attention.

• Premium Member

I love Rush! Neil Peart is one of my heros. I'm kinda into Blues/R&B right now though.

jeepinbassist
I love Rush! Neil Peart is one of my heros. I'm kinda into Blues/R&B right now though.

Can't wait for the concert this year. R40 tour!

Welcome...I'm down in Orem.
I bought mine from Plaza on the costco deal but I would never do that again as Plaza guys are total dicks! Chad at South Valley is a really cool guy and I should have bought mine from him as he was so very cool, let me test ride several bikes (09/07s) but he couldn't beat the costco price so I went with plaza and regretted it. I'd say go talk to him and tell him Darryl recommended him. If you mention doing the costco deal at plaza, he should come down on the price some.

All of us Utah riders need to get together here soon!

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome jeepinbassist! Thanks for joining our little group. Have you decided on a color?

Illegitimi non carborundum

jeepinbassist
Welcome...I'm down in Orem. I bought mine from Plaza on the costco deal but I would never do that again as Plaza guys are total dicks! Chad at South Valley is a really cool guy and I should have bought mine from him as he was so very cool, let me test ride several bikes (09/07s) but he couldn't beat the costco price so I went with plaza and regretted it. I'd say go talk to him and tell him Darryl recommended him. If you mention doing the costco deal at plaza, he should come down on the price some.

Thanks for the info. I've heard plaza cycle is pretty bad. Don't you need a costco membership to get that pricing? I'll definitely give Darryl a call.

jeepinbassist
Welcome jeepinbassist! Thanks for joining our little group. Have you decided on a color?

I think I'm set on white.

CHAD is the sales manager at South Valley and a really cool guy (I'm darryl lol)
yes you have to have costco to get that pricing, but only Plaza is doing it in Utah. But it could be used as negotiation with a different dealer (they don't need to know you arent a costco member) Just a thought anyhow. But no matter where you buy, be aware of "extras" they will try to tack onto the price as you sign the papers. Plaza were total dicks at this point. Their sales manager is a piece of work and I will never do business with them again.

jeepinbassist
CHAD is the sales manager at South Valley and a really cool guy (I'm darryl lol) yes you have to have costco to get that pricing, but only Plaza is doing it in Utah. But it could be used as negotiation with a different dealer (they don't need to know you arent a costco member) Just a thought anyhow. But no matter where you buy, be aware of "extras" they will try to tack onto the price as you sign the papers. Plaza were total dicks at this point. Their sales manager is a piece of work and I will never do business with them again.

Oh whoops mixed up the names haha. I'm a car salesman so I know the extra crap some dealers add. That's why I like where I work because we don't have made up fees. I'll probably call around to see who's giving a good deal up front and then work on talking them down.

• Premium Member
We need to get a nice dry, warm day and hit the mountains! ;) 

Hello and welcome! From Utah, huh! The gun friendly state I hear. My first mod there would be a Chuck Connors, modified Winchester 92' hanging off the side of the bike. Now that would be cool! (The Rifleman was my favorite show as a kid.)

Beemer

jeepinbassist
Hello and welcome! From Utah, huh! The gun friendly state I hear. My first mod there would be a Chuck Connors, modified Winchester 92' hanging off the side of the bike. Now that would be cool! Was my favorite show as a kid.

Haha I do enjoy the gun laws here. That will probably be one of my next purchases.

I'd love to see a pic of one in a leather holster on the side of an FZ 07, that would be boss!

Beemer

• Premium Member
I just put a deposit down on my FZ-07!
So what kind of deal did you work?   or...  maybe you won't know actual OTD till you sign the papers. ;)

Archived