The MT-07 Forum

Color Change

crazycracka501

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

For all who are thinking about changing the color of their bikes, I've already given my bike one color change but did it plasti dip to test the waters.  Now I have permanent color.  The clear coat did have to cure, so I won't get them till tomorrow.  Here is a teaser of the new color.  Will post pics once all are on the bike.

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Global Moderator

Damn dude, that looks awesome
Cant wait to see it on the bike. Kinda reminds me of the copper paint i had on my 105th anniversary harley

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
Damn dude, that looks awesome Cant wait to see it on the bike. Kinda reminds me of the copper paint i had on my 105th anniversary harley
It is a burnt orange copper metallic. 

Very interesting, it's a color I think I would more likely see on a Harley, interested in seeing how it looks on the bike.
I dislike the grey, was thinking of plastidipping white, think the blurple frame and white would look nice. Maybe a blurple Yamaha logo or FZ-07 on the tank

• Premium Member
yamahappy74
Very interesting, it's a color I think I would more likely see on a Harley, interested in seeing how it looks on the bike. I dislike the grey, was thinking of plastidipping white, think the blurple frame and white would look nice. Maybe a blurple Yamaha logo or FZ-07 on the tank

I was also thinking of buying white plastics. With the grey, I can't detail anything to match.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

I really like that and am looking forward to seeing them on the bike!

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member

Personalizing is always good, imho! Just hope you didn't start with a liquid graphite with blurple frame and wheels!!! ;-)

• Global Moderator
Damn dude, that looks awesome Cant wait to see it on the bike. Kinda reminds me of the copper paint i had on my 105th anniversary harley
It is a burnt orange copper metallic. 
any installed pics yet? we're getting anxious! :P

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

The guy gave me a really cheap price but because I got a better price, I have to wait on the snail speed delivery....I should have paid for shipping and the holiday (memorial day) didn't help at all, just killing me.

Very interesting, it's a color I think I would more likely see on a Harley, interested in seeing how it looks on the bike. I dislike the grey, was thinking of plastidipping white, think the blurple frame and white would look nice. Maybe a blurple Yamaha logo or FZ-07 on the tank
I was also thinking of buying white plastics. With the grey, I can't detail anything to match.
Where do you buy separate plastic peices?

• Premium Member

@fastb4ck... I found the plastics thru my local store (Babbits) for 65$ a side @ pre- discount price...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

@fastb4ck... I found the plastics thru my local store (Babbits) for 65$ a side @ pre- discount price...
Thanks, that's not a bad price for oem parts

Interesting that color, brings steam punk to mind. So when are you going to start a gallery?

Beemer

That's awesome... Reminds me of the bronze colored Porsche and R8. Looking forward to pics. Is your profile picture of the plastidip color change? Curious how metallic and dynamic/shiny plastidip could get.

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

I was wondering if you could give me a few pointers on how to remove the sides of the front fender? I took the bolt out but it still is attached at the top.

modmaster

• Premium Member
phicurious86
I was wondering if you could give me a few pointers on how to remove the sides of the front fender? I took the bolt out but it still is attached at the top. 
modmaster

There are some plastic clips on the front part of the side panels that clip into some slots in the middle, black, part of the fender. If you stick your hand underneath the front you should be able to feel what I'm talking about. Just wiggle them apart with firm pressure. 

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
That's awesome... Reminds me of the bronze colored Porsche and R8. Looking forward to pics. Is your profile picture of the plastidip color change? Curious how metallic and dynamic/shiny plastidip could get.
The plasti dip colors are actually really dynamic and the flat texture really shows off angles of the bike IMO are lost with gloss.  I decided to get the color plasti dip offered and have it coated with an automotive flat clear coat and the pics you see are the result.  I simply haven't had time to install them.  I apologize for the delay but trust me this hurts me worse than it'll hurt you lol.  It's also supposed to be around 112 degrees F by next Wednesday so I've got to get them on and ride before then.  Will post pictures as soon as it's done.  
@ryan4130 the profile pic is the color I first had plasti dipped.  I wasn't a huge fan of it but literally everyone else who saw it (including Yamaha reps) really liked it.  The dip by itself without the automotive grade clear coat just gets really beat up within 4 months.

modmaster

There are some plastic clips on the front part of the side panels that clip into some slots in the middle, black, part of the fender. If you stick your hand underneath the front you should be able to feel what I'm talking about. Just wiggle them apart with firm pressure.
Thanks for your help phicurious86. modmaster

• Global Moderator

The plasti dip colors are actually really dynamic and the flat texture really shows off angles of the bike IMO are lost with gloss.  I decided to get the color plasti dip offered and have it coated with an automotive flat clear coat and the pics you see are the result.  I simply haven't had time to install them.  I apologize for the delay but trust me this hurts me worse than it'll hurt you lol.  It's also supposed to be around 112 degrees F by next Wednesday so I've got to get them on and ride before then.  Will post pictures as soon as it's done.  
@ryan4130 the profile pic is the color I first had plasti dipped.  I wasn't a huge fan of it but literally everyone else who saw it (including Yamaha reps) really liked it.  The dip by itself without the automotive grade clear coat just gets really beat up within 4 months.

I know the pain man. I live here too.
I too am getting panels painted. e3b98791afb0ef9a6ed38e0a5306cdc9.jpg
Metallic version of this color to be exact.

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

I know the pain man. I live here too. I too am getting panels painted. e3b98791afb0ef9a6ed38e0a5306cdc9.jpg
Metallic version of this color to be exact.
Yea, I think you were the guy with the red FZ-07 that went on that group ride up to Joshua Tree Park...No?

• Global Moderator

Not I, unfortunately ive yet to go on a group ride anywhere

• Premium Member
phicurious86
You might check out this group.

• Global Moderator
You might check out this group.

Thnx for the link, now i just need a break from my schedule. 60hrs at work another 30 for school, no time to do anything

Archived