The MT-07 Forum

Rear Sprocket

mjh937

• Global Moderator

I am thinking of switching to this rear sprocket. Hopefully they make one for the left side. I might need a longer chain though. 
17e7b0914235d59ddbfc2777ebf06c05_zpsudxwadzp.jpg

What about simply swapping out the front sprocket to 15 tooth from 16? You don't need to change out the chain length with that setup.

bmwpowere36m3
What about simply swapping out the front sprocket to 15 tooth from 16? You don't need to change out the chain length with that setup.

1 tooth on the front is probably close to 3 in the back... You'd have to go much smaller, but then chain/sprocket wear become an issue.

• Global Moderator

I was actually joking. I had just never seen rear sprocket that large. It is on an electric bike but I do not know why it is so big.

bmwpowere36m3
I was actually joking. I had just never seen rear sprocket that large. It is on an electric bike but I do not know why it is so big.

Probably due to the RPM, high, which most electric motors run at. I believe a lot of those electric bikes have no gearbox or only a couple gears.

Electrics have no gears and always are in full power as they have no powerband.
Some electric bikes have a transmission. The Brammo Empulse for example has a six speed gear box.

Archived