The MT-07 Forum

Mounting plates for front LED turnsignals

daniel

I'm about to install LED turnsignals and the tailtidy to my fz. I was just wondering what you guys did to cover up the gap after removing the front signals? Did you buy spacers? I saw some online for around $15, but was wondering if someone came up with a different solution.
I have access to a cnc mill and was thinking about machining some , which would require drawing up the part first.

Was just curious what you guys did.

I got the same as wingnutted. Works perfect for me. My fender eliminator did not require me to use any thing to cover up holes.

• Premium Member
grahamfz07
I bought these: http://www.motostarz.com/evotech-performance-mini-indicator-adaptor-set-for-yamaha.html They are $12. 
NOTE: If you are swapping out both front and rear signals you will need to purchase two sets. One set comes with 4 pieces, and two pieces are used per signal.
Good thing i read this,  i ordered one set only. Better get another one before i attempt to install my lights!

• Premium Member
I bought these: http://www.motostarz.com/evotech-performance-mini-indicator-adaptor-set-for-yamaha.html They are $12. 
NOTE: If you are swapping out both front and rear signals you will need to purchase two sets. One set comes with 4 pieces, and two pieces are used per signal.
Good thing i read this,  i ordered one set only. Better get another one before i attempt to install my lights!
Well, bear in mind that some guys have a fender eliminator that doesn't have those big oval holes these things are used to cover.  Mine did (the Yoshi), and I found out the hard way and had to delay installing my lights for a week (wanted to do all of it at once)

• Premium Member
grahamfz07
Well, bear in mind that some guys have a fender eliminator that doesn't have those big oval holes these things are used to cover.  Mine did (the Yoshi), and I found out the hard way and had to delay installing my lights for a week (wanted to do all of it at once)
Ive got the evotech tail tidy, so looks like i will need two sets of them too,thx

• 4 weeks later...

I got the yoshimura tail tidy so I still had to use the stock turn signals because the shop had nothing to use as a spacer for aftermarket LEDs. But I went with the integrated turn signal and just completely removed the original turn signals. The best thing about the yoshimura tail tidy kit is that you can remove the brackets for the turn signals.

Archived