The MT-07 Forum

FZ-07 Cyclops H4 LED Bulb Replacement

fooschnickens

I just installed my new cyclops headlight... Everything looks good but I do not have that concentrated center light like you guys have? I have the same light through out if that makes sense ? I did use the spacer that was included,mine only came with one. I wonder if I need to do better on my aiming? Is it possible to install the bulb wrong ? Like for instance up side down?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bmwpowere36m3
I just installed my new cyclops headlight... Everything looks good but I do not have that concentrated center light like you guys have? I have the same light through out if that makes sense ? I did use the spacer that was included,mine only came with one. I wonder if I need to do better on my aiming? Is it possible to install the bulb wrong ? Like for instance up side down?
The new Cyclops that come with the glass tube? Even spread out light is better than a "hot-spot" in the center.

The new Cyclops that come with the glass tube? Even spread out light is better than a "hot-spot" in the center.

bmwpowere36m3

So that a yes or no?

Hi,

A few question for those who installed those kind of bulbs:

First: Any issue with the back of the bulb scratching the frame of the bike?

Second: Have you tried those lights on really twisty roads? Only twisties where I live so I need good lighting when leaning in corners!

Baniere%20300x60_zpstsvyokit.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know if @cyclops has yet again revised the bulb?  I just ordered mine and it came today and looks different than any of the other pictures I have seen thus far.  The circuitry below the LEDs is now covered and both top LEDs have a curved "shield"
Just wondering if I got the correct bulb and if it is an even newer updated verson (or possibly an old one).  I got it from Rocky Mt Atv since they are close by me. https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/1156/-/1068451/Cyclops-Adventure-Sports-LED-Headlight-Bulb-H4-3800-Lumen

IMG_20160524_164132.jpgIMG_20160524_163532.jpg

• Global Moderator
Anyone know if @cyclops has yet again revised the bulb?  I just ordered mine and it came today and looks different than any of the other pictures I have seen thus far.  The circuitry below the LEDs is now covered and both top LEDs have a curved "shield" Just wondering if I got the correct bulb and if it is an even newer updated verson (or possibly an old one).  I got it from Rocky Mt Atv since they are close by me. https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/1156/-/1068451/Cyclops-Adventure-Sports-LED-Headlight-Bulb-H4-3800-Lumen

IMG_20160524_164132.jpgIMG_20160524_163532.jpg
That looks to be the latest version of the bulb

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• 2 weeks later...
dentalprodigy

I figured I'll post my before/after here for prospective buyers. I bought my Cyclops LED headlight from RockyMountainATVMC.com I didn't use the 2 supplied spacers and didn't bother putting the rubberized cover since I don't ride in the rain. I had to adjust the vertical angulation of the bulb after installing it.

http://imgur.com/a/bLPpK

The new version looks very much like the new emmitter filament emulation design the Phillips use. Big improvement.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• 3 weeks later...

I have the old style bulb that came without a spacer or reflectors. Can a regular washer/'s or something else be used in place of the spacer/'s that now come with the bulb and if so what size, apprx.?

Beemer

• 2 weeks later...
dentalprodigy

Quick question ... Was giving my bike a wash and when I was drying I discovered cloudy wet blotches on the outside exterior of the lens. Turns out that moisture is getting inside the headlight. Dumb question but is this because I didn't put the black rubber boot circle thing??? It has dried up now but It's been bothering me since I've seen them. Any tips appreciated.

Quick question ... Was giving my bike a wash and when I was drying I discovered cloudy wet blotches on the outside exterior of the lens. Turns out that moisture is getting inside the headlight. Dumb question but is this because I didn't put the black rubber boot circle thing??? It has dried up now but It's been bothering me since I've seen them. Any tips appreciated.

Went through the same thing recently, there's a thread here somewhere. I had to take the headligh off and dry the inside of the housing with a cloth and blow dryer. I had to do it a couple times. I went riding for a few hours after the first dry and noticed condensation still there even after that. All the moisture HAS TO BE REMOVED or it will come back. I did leave finger prints in the enclosure the last time I cleaned it and it annoys the crap out of me now, just haven't gotten around to wiping them off yet.

dentalprodigy
Went through the same thing recently, there's a thread here somewhere. I had to take the headligh off and dry the inside of the housing with a cloth and blow dryer. I had to do it a couple times. I went riding for a few hours after the first dry and noticed condensation still there even after that. All the moisture HAS TO BE REMOVED or it will come back. I did leave finger prints in the enclosure the last time I cleaned it and it annoys the crap out of me now, just haven't gotten around to wiping them off yet.
Damn.. That sucks. I was hoping it would dry out on its own. Looks like I gotta do what you suggested now.

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering the same thing. Thought maybe it was just me being so used to do HID replacement. I got the new version of the Cyclops LED bulb a couple weeks ago. When I first saw it at night I wasn't really impressed at all. It wasn't as bright as I thought it would be and to be honest I don't know if it's brighter than my stock one since I switched out within a week of having it. Maybe I should try to install the spacer that came with it. That or I might just switch out for HID.

Greatness

• 3 weeks later...
dentalprodigy

Hommies... My Cyclops LED HIGH beam has stopped working. When I flick the headlight switch forward for high beam + press the “passing button " I don't get high beam. My tach shows the blue high beam light but no actual high beam

Before I contact the manufacturer, how would you troubleshoot this on your own??

Let me know what pics/video would be helpful to post up.

I usually flash my high beam to let cars ahead of me with their indicators on change lanes but it didn't work tonight and caught me off guard.

Any help/tips would be appreciated.

• Global Moderator
Hommies... My Cyclops LED HIGH beam has stopped working. When I flick the headlight switch forward for high beam + press the “passing button " I don't get high beam. My tach shows the blue high beam light but no actual high beam  
Before I contact the manufacturer, how would you troubleshoot this on your own??

Let me know what pics/video would be helpful to post up.

I usually flash my high beam to let cars ahead of me with their indicators on change lanes but it didn't work tonight and caught me off guard.

Any help/tips would be appreciated.
Check wiring at the light.. make sure you're getting the connection when you press the switch..
hook a volt meter up instead of the bulb... you should read 12v when you press the switch
If gou dont get it... its the wiring
if you do... its the bulb

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks, I'll have to try one of those.   Just for the record, dont buy one of these. They dont work. 

I know I'm a bit late for this, but I bought one of those from autozone and it worked just fine. Did you try turning it around after it didn't work the first time? If you get the positive and negative leads on the wrong side, the diode won't light up. Happened to me when I first installed it. Flipped it around and "Let There Be Light!" Just a tip for those of you who are impatient like me and don't want to wait for a little LED to ship, the autozone 194 bulbs work just fine.

• 1 month later...

@goob on their site www.cyclopsadventuresports.com

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

Ordered the Cyclops yesterday. On b/o but will hopefully ship soon.  Also picked up a led 168 auxiliary bulb from auto zone. It's the Sylvania super bright. Should I have purchased a 194 instead ? Is there enough of a difference between the two to be concerned with heat or draw ? Thanks

• 8 months later...
  • Premium Member

So does the 7000 lumen bulb melt the reflectors? 3800 lumen sufficient or better than stock?

his face seems pulled and tense
like he's riding on a motorbike in the strongest winds

Just put the 7000 in last night. It is very bright compared to stock. I have not ridden with it yet and cannot comment on stock vs the 3800.

• 6 months later...

I got mine yesterday and installed.  I'm not 100% I like the beam pattern.  It certainly has a good cutoff, but I dislike the lack of spilling out to the sides.  It seems like an overly tight pattern.  Even with brights on.  Having said this, I have only had a chance to test them on a street-lamp-lit road.  I'll have to check it out on my work commute.  That's the main reason I got this. It goes down a very windy road with blind curves and no lamps.  And we have coyotes around.  Don't wanna nail one of those due to lack of light/forward visibility.

As to the previous question, LEDs don't generate much heat, so no, they won't melt a reflector.  The electronics required to run them, however, do generate heat, hence the fans and heat sinks.

Archived