The MT-07 Forum

Wanting to get bar end mirrors, what do I need?

rylz

Hi guys. This is my first post to this site, I just joined!

I want to get bar end mirrors for my FZ-07. More exact, these mirrors: http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/crg-arrow-bar-end-mirror

I was just wondering what else I would need to install these mirrors, maybe an adapter of some sort?
I was also wondering if you anyone has these mirrors and could tell me what they think of them on this bike. 

Thank you guys! :)

• Global Moderator

Rhino threaded barend sliders/mounts for crg mirrors would make the install easy. Ive just ordered a set for my own crg arrow mirrors.

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Rhino threaded barend sliders/mounts for crg mirrors would make the install easy. Ive just ordered a set for my own crg arrow mirrors.
Did you order the flat or round? Do you know what the difference is?

I just went to that web site and checked out the Q & A and in most cases people needed the adapter but that's not saying you definitely will for yours. One guy said he had to cut off part of his grips to make it work but do you want to do that? Everyone that did get the adapter said it is the easiest solution and were happy with them.

Beemer

wingnutted

I've had the CRG Arrow / Rhinomoto bar ends for a few months and really like them. They make an FZ specific model that threads into the stock handlebar. A bit pricey at $70 for the pair, but worth it IMO.

I have the flat ones, I preferred the look over the round. It's just a different shape on the plastic cap that screws on to the end.

• Premium Member

You should get these -- Rhinomoto threaded bar ends, specifically for CRG mirrors.  (The inside of the stock handlebars are threaded)

I have them (and I use CRG hindsight lanesplitters -- 3" round mirrors).  Work like a charm.

You should get these -- Rhinomoto threaded bar ends, specifically for CRG mirrors.  (The inside of the stock handlebars are threaded) 
I have them (and I use CRG hindsight lanesplitters -- 3" round mirrors).  Work like a charm.
Do you NEED the threaded bar ends in your link or are they just preference over stock? Looking at getting mirrors but prices are already ridiculous for the mirrors, let alone another 70$ for bar ends..

• Premium Member
fz07fanboy

If you have a cyclegear close by they have speedmetal barend mirrors that will just clamp right over the top of your stock bar ends and secure very well. They are reversible as well if you want them sticking out past the barend or staying closer in. You won't need any other accessories.

http://www.cyclegear.com/SPEEDMETAL-Reversible-Bar-End-Mirror

Looking at getting mirrors but prices are already ridiculous for the mirrors, let alone another 70$ for bar ends..
I agree, the prices for a lot of those mirrors are outrageous.  I can't justify that kind of coin for a friggin mirror, especially CRG or Rizoma parts.

• Global Moderator

The crg mirrors are quite well made. Expensive but work quite well. They have a nice convex in the glass that allows a very wide field of vision compared to stock

They are expensive but they are absolutely rock solid, stay in perfect adjustment even with repeated wheel stands they stay where you put them. Also the clarity and distortion free glass is very high quality. I got the rounded ends because I wanted to be able to use the widest position possible. Even then I had to take and grind the plastic bar ends just a bit. Turned out however that in the middle position they give you a great view of anything behind you. In hindsight I did not need to grind the ends.

http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag384/riverfox3/Motorcycles/3b02ccda-f3dc-4a78-a3ac-3174053329a7_zps777e3221.jpg

• Premium Member

I have the CRG Arrows, and yes, they are ridiculously expensive, but they rock solid, don't vibrate at all (even with an Akra Ti w/0 baffle), and give better rear view than stock. Well worth the money IMHO. As for the bar ends, I have different bars, but i you have t stock bars, those Rhinomoto threaded bars ends should do the trick quite nicely.

Welcome to the forum BTW...

:)

- Paulie

• Premium Member
belleau1977
They are expensive but they are absolutely rock solid, stay in perfect adjustment even with repeated wheel stands they stay where you put them. Also the clarity and distortion free glass is very high quality. I got the rounded ends because I wanted to be able to use the widest position possible. Even then I had to take and grind the plastic bar ends just a bit. Turned out however that in the middle position they give you a great view of anything behind you. In hindsight I did not need to grind the ends. 

http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag384/riverfox3/Motorcycles/3b02ccda-f3dc-4a78-a3ac-3174053329a7_zps777e3221.jpg
Those look pretty pimp! Here's a thought instead of buying the bar end inserts for the stock bars you could instead spend that money on something like a colored Pro Taper bar setup for the same price or less and not need the bar inserts. Whatever color your bike is you could get that color of bars as they have like six different colors to pick from.

• Global Moderator
Do you NEED the threaded bar ends in your link or are they just preference over stock? Looking at getting mirrors but prices are already ridiculous for the mirrors, let alone another 70$ for bar ends..
The stock ends are an m16 threaded bar end weight. The threaded version of rhe rhinomoto mounts allow for ease of change and not too much woory wise when it comes to a sticky throttle. I ran into the issue only because i got a little torque happy with my set.

4796388282f27f87b56c9d28296d86d1.jpg2341c616b64924d288c69a25bec683ae.jpg

@rylz welcome to the forum, cant believe i missed that little tidbit

squidsquiddly

I want to chime in here and recommend rhinomoto as a company. I called them at 3:00 pm today and asked them to ship out the bar end adaptor since the CRG's are coming tomorrow via Amazon Prime! :0 they were able to get it shipped out. Hopefully I will see the bar ends tomorrow. They are located in California so I'm hopeful of not tomorrow then I will get them Monday. I'll make a review thread with the CRG arrow mirrors and rhinomoto Bar ends.

Cheers.

• 8 months later...

Hi guys, I just got my 16 fz-07 , I got the crg mirror and the CRG lanesplitter mirror and the adapter from revzilla as well. Just like everyone, have a difficult time installing the adapter as well. However I think I found out the best soln. which is move the throttle Grip inward. I moved both grip inward just so I have more room to lane split. If anyone have question about the crg, feel free to ask me.

The stock ends are an m16 threaded bar end weight. The threaded version of rhe rhinomoto mounts allow for ease of change and not too much woory wise when it comes to a sticky throttle. I ran into the issue only because i got a little torque happy with my set.
2341c616b64924d288c69a25bec683ae.jpg

From that picture it looks like the stock bar ends could be machined (via lathe) down to allow for the mounting-width profile of the CRG mirror clamp

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

• Global Moderator
The stock ends are an m16 threaded bar end weight. The threaded version of rhe rhinomoto mounts allow for ease of change and not too much woory wise when it comes to a sticky throttle. I ran into the issue only because i got a little torque happy with my set. 2341c616b64924d288c69a25bec683ae.jpg

From that picture it looks like the stock bar ends could be machined (via lathe) down to allow for the mounting-width profile of the CRG mirror clamp
Its a possibility
i dont have the technology... or the tools... or the skills to do auch a thing however

Archived