The MT-07 Forum

Humble new NYC rider but PROUD new owner !

ladyfz

Hi everyone, I just bought my first bike a couple weeks ago, the beautiful FZ-07! TA-DA!

11110978_10152974859493315_3226244084380872962_n.jpg?oh=b3e633f5aded8a06506c3f2da0bb8e7d&oe=55FF7844

I can't wait to do some mods to it, starting with a windscreen for longer trips, a muffler to make 'er sing and cleanin' up the backend. What're are people's feelings on frame sliders? I heard they can cause top side tumbles and me-no-likey that idea... but the alternative sucks too.  x_x

I have oes frame sliders and love them very lightweight I would suggest sliders to just be safe. I got the kit from them frame fork and swingarm always nice to have a lil piece of mind if bike falls over on you.

Thanks nexus!

And DOH, I meant to say HIGH side tumbles, (i.e., when the bike falls and the sliders catch on something and send the bike tumbling instead of sliding...) Sorry for not being more detailed everyone! I'm still a noob after all haha.

• Premium Member

Welcome to the forums.

My sliders prevented any real damage in 2 driveway mishaps.

At high speeds, sliders can only do so much and a bike is pretty easy to total. I personally, wouldn't worry.

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome ladyfz! Glad you joined our little group! I put sliders on mine (after it fell over during a slow speed exercise).

The place where they go seems unfinished and like it needs something there.

Illegitimi non carborundum

yup sliders are more for low speed or driveway fall overs rather then any high speed protection and oh welcome to the forums :D

Welcome!  Nice bike ;) ... sliders are cheap insurance .. very affordable.  Are you new to riding too?

Yep!
I had got my license a few years ago but never got the bike until NOW! Better late than never... The past couple of weekends I've been drilling a lot in open lots: quick stops, counter steering, and turning at slow and moderate speeds...

What was the most valuable drill you found when you were first starting out?

hmmmm .. counter steering for sure ... I did some hard stops, purposely locked the rear wheel (that was optional)

What was the most valuable drill you found when you were first starting out?

• Premium Member

Welcome! Great color choice also -- represent us here in this poll: fz07.org/thread/332/fastest-color

yup sliders are more for low speed or driveway fall overs rather then any high speed protection and oh welcome to the forums :D
that and the best thing you can do if you lay it down IS get the hell away from it as fast as you can, push it away with your feet if you can. You don't want any bike going into a flip and landing on you or taking you along for the flip. Welcome and enjoy your new bike, be safe!

Beemer

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome!  When I first got my bike I had difficulty with right turns, but practice in empty lots like your doing helped me improve. Also, make sure to practice downshifting to get a better feel for the "engine braking" on this bike.  Be safe out there.

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

Welcome! There is lot's of good information out there!

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

• Premium Member

Welcome, great color choice, take your time with it, these bikes are nice and have a ton of upgrades available

Hi! That is a beautiful bike. Make sure you look where you want to go and don't fixate on what you're trying to avoid. Enjoy your new ride!

Archived