The MT-07 Forum

Mpg

jbird

I recently had my Average mpg reading on the LED display go from est 55 to 5mpg. Does that mean anything, or is it just a computer glitch. The bike is running fine, with no hiccups. I do have an am exsaust install w/o fuel kit, but adding the dobeck ejk soon. It just kind of happened out of nowhere, all the sudden, and the LED reading got me curious. Any ideas? Thanks

fooschnickens

Unless you're spewing unburnt fuel out the tailpipe I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's already pretty well known that the cluster MPG can be off, so I'd give it a minute to figure itself out. Might not hurt to manually track your MPG for that tank, though, when you get your next fillup.

Guest JerzieFREQ
I recently had my Average mpg reading on the LED display go from est 55 to 5mpg. Does that mean anything, or is it just a computer glitch. The bike is running fine, with no hiccups. I do have an am exsaust install w/o fuel kit, but adding the dobeck ejk soon. It just kind of happened out of nowhere, all the sudden, and the LED reading got me curious. Any ideas? Thanks
it could have been your "instantaneous mpg"  You can view in the cluster what your are getting right now and overall.  Instantaneous will easily drop from 55 - 5 when to hit the throttle. 

No it is definitely the average, now it's reading back to 9mpg, that's an average increase of about 1 mpg per ride , huh?

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

Did you or someone else siphon fuel?

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

i think you can reset the average by selecting the average mpg display and holding the right-button down while its flashing.

mine got out of whack and i did something like this to clear whatever is memory so it could re-average the mpg.

-HowWorkClutch

Archived