The MT-07 Forum

San Diego Sunday Rides

she3pdog

• Premium Member
I'll be out of town July 9th weekend, booooo!!!
Hopefully it's because you're going to the World Superbike Race at Laguna Seca! 
:)

I was just in San Diego last weekend, not riding though.  Needed a break from the triple digit heat here in Vegas, and went to the beach.

Been hearing great things about Palomar Mtn though.  I may just have to make it down there for a ride with you guys :)

- Paulie

• Premium Member

@sorkyah , so you'll be down sans bike?!

@ch3rryghost, what about the 30th-31st? That's the weekend of the 27th.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost
@ch3rryghost , what about the 30th-31st? That's the weekend of the 27th.
Around and nothing going on!!! :)

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost
I'll be out of town July 9th weekend, booooo!!!

I was just in San Diego last weekend, not riding though.  Needed a break from the triple digit heat here in Vegas, and went to the beach.

Been hearing great things about Palomar Mtn though.  I may just have to make it down there for a ride with you guys :)

- Paulie

OoohhH I wish I was going, are you? Going back home (portland) for a wedding. But I'm doing a 2-day track event July 16/17 at Buttonwillow--not sure if I mentioned that! Would you happen to be attending that as well?

Palomar's fun! A bit above my pay grade but I still cruise through when the opportunity presents itself.

• Premium Member

- Paulie
OoohhH I wish I was going, are you? Going back home (portland) for a wedding. But I'm doing a 2-day track event July 16/17 at Buttonwillow--not sure if I mentioned that! Would you happen to be attending that as well?

Palomar's fun! A bit above my pay grade but I still cruise through when the opportunity presents itself.

Yes...I'm actually going with work.  We're exhibiting so we'll have a booth, etc.  

The best part is I'm actually riding my bike there from Vegas, along with some of the other guys from the shop!!!  Not sure what route were taking, but hopefully it'll be a 10 hour ride through some good twisty's :)

Slightly disappointing though that a custom part I have coming for my bike won't be here in time for it's debut at Laguna Seca (my bike will be in our booth).  Still though, should be a great time!

- Paulie

• Global Moderator
@ch3rryghost, what about the 30th-31st? That's the weekend of the 27th.
I figured i could borrow yours and you could ride the scrambler :P
  • Like 1

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost
If you guys wanna ride this weekend, I'll be down.
What day works best for you? 

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost
Yes...I'm actually going with work.  We're exhibiting so we'll have a booth, etc.   
The best part is I'm actually riding my bike there from Vegas, along with some of the other guys from the shop!!!  Not sure what route were taking, but hopefully it'll be a 10 hour ride through some good twisty's :)

Slightly disappointing though that a custom part I have coming for my bike won't be here in time for it's debut at Laguna Seca (my bike will be in our booth).  Still though, should be a great time!

- Paulie

Whats the custom part or is it a secret? :D Well, I'll see ya there at least, that should be a nice little trip for you! I haven't gotten around to getting the suspension installed so not taking the FZ

• Premium Member

No no, @ch3rryghost, I'm not going to Buttonwillow, I meant I'm riding to Laguna Seca! LOL. Sorry for the confusion. My next track outings will be at Spring Mountain at the end of Aug and at Chuckwalla in September.

Sorry to hear you didn't get you suspension installed in time. Hopefully you can make it out to Spring Mountain though :)

As for my custom part, I can't spill the beans yet, because the company might use my bike for promotional purposes in marketing/advertising, etc., so I need to give them first crack :)

- Paulie

• Like 1

• Premium Member
@ch3rryghost , what about the 30th-31st? That's the weekend of the 27th.
LOL the scrambler is in the shop, so I don't know if I'll have back in one piece by then.  
And even if I did, you'd have to ask the wife if you could borrow it.  :D

thomascrown
If you guys wanna ride this weekend, I'll be down.
Saturday would be better than Sunday, but I can do either.

• Global Moderator
LOL the scrambler is in the shop, so I don't know if I'll have back in one piece by then.  
And even if I did, you'd have to ask the wife if you could borrow it.  :D

I'll just tell her you said its ok :P

And why did you crash your scrambler already?

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost
Saturday would be better than Sunday, but I can do either.
I'd be down for Saturday cruise! Can't stay out for too long though, anything from 8-1 works  

• Premium Member

Just put on my first set of new tires. suweet. I was getting a lot of vibration from the old ones. Now I'm smooth again.
Yesterday I left my key on. So.. this morning I bailed off work with a dead batt and trickling in the garage..

Databyter

• Premium Member

Hi my SD people!

I'll be down for Comic Con on Saturday, July 23rd. I was thinking on my way back UP to the OC, we could meet up for a ride Sunday.

Already talked to @ch3rryghost, so she's down.

Any suggestions on a route?

I'll be leaving a hotel near the convention center, so let me know! Hope some of you can join in! I'll be moving up to the bay in August, so a ride back down in SD might be rare!

• Global Moderator
Hi my SD people! 
I'll be down for Comic Con on Saturday, July 23rd. I was thinking on my way back UP to the OC, we could meet up for a ride Sunday.

Already talked to @ch3rryghost, so she's down.

Any suggestions on a route?

I'll be leaving a hotel near the convention center, so let me know! Hope some of you can join in! I'll be moving up to the bay in August, so a ride back down in SD might be rare!
Got a spare ticket?....

• Premium Member

@sorkyah - My ticket is a spare ticket LOL

• Global Moderator
@sorkyah - My ticket is a spare ticket LOL
So mean
get a Sig and maybe a hug from adam savage and the rest of the tested gang if you can

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost

Yes! I am down. It really depends on how long you want to ride for

Any variation of this is fun. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tKB-PWXsusYypetHVY-CS4kGpcQ&usp=sharing

If you are going to be riding home right after the cruise, we can just go counter clock wise, start 94 east then up to Julian then to Palomar

• Premium Member

The weekend is near! Anyone else want to join in on the ride? Let us know so we can find a place to meet.

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost
what time are you guys going to start?
8:30 am ish Meeting in South Park then proceeding east on the 94 to Campo then up to Julian from there where we'll gauge how people are feeling and grab some food

attackcat109

Dang! Guess I'll just meet you guys at the next one when it rolls around I got work till 11am. Have a good ride though.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

SD - You have beautiful roads.

The ride was amazing! 

We didn't take the FZs out, the irony.  ::)