The MT-07 Forum

Power commander

natew

Just bought the Fz-07 installed a new Akrpovic exhaust system. The bike keeps stalling out when coming to a stop it doesn't happen to often. I took it to the shop and they couldn't replicate the problem but think it needs a "power commander" for about 600 dollars. Is this worth the money or should I look elsewhere for the problem

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

Power commanders only cost about 330 bucks. I'm guessing that coat was installed. There is a vendor, 2 wheel dynoworks, here who does mail in tuning for our bikes. I would contact them before buying the power commander. I think their tuning service is 319 bucks and gives a much better fueling and timing. I don't have their tune personally but think I will get one.

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

Oh yeah forgot them mention I have a power commander and auto tune set up with akra exhaust baffle out. I'm guessing its a lean stall I would try unplugging o2 sensor it should trick the computer into going rich because it doesn't have the o2 input. Either way the best to add some form of fuel controller to help the bike run its best. Ecm flashing, EJK, or power commander all have options for this. If the ecm flash was available when I did my exhaust I would not have gotten the PCV and auto tune.

I just talked to me local Dyno shop. Guy is crazy smart. I was talking to him about getting the same exhaust for my bike. He just had one in and told me a PC is not needed for our bike. I got to hear that exhaust after it was tuned and it sounded amazing.

wingnutted
Just bought the Fz-07 installed a new Akrpovic exhaust system. The bike keeps stalling out when coming to a stop it doesn't happen to often. I took it to the shop and they couldn't replicate the problem but think it needs a "power commander" for about 600 dollars. Is this worth the money or should I look elsewhere for the problem
I was having a similar problem after installing my Yoshi system, but rather than the Power Commander or EJK route, I had the ECU reflashed by Nels @2WheelDynoWorks, and have had good results so far. I think he just added onto the forum as a vendor!

I was having a similar problem after installing my Yoshi system, but rather than the Power Commander or EJK route, I had the ECU reflashed by Nels @2wheeldynoworks, and have had good results so far. I think he just added onto the forum as a vendor!
Thats the person I talked to! I had Nels work on my GSXR750 a few weeks ago. Got to see a 2015 FZ-07 with an Akrpovic system on it. I talked to him about what he had to do. Nels told me all he had to do was refresh the ECU and then built the map. It ran great and sounded amazing. 

2wheeldynoworks
Power commanders only cost about 330 bucks. I'm guessing that coat was installed. There is a vendor, 2 wheel dynoworks, here who does mail in tuning for our bikes. I would contact them before buying the power commander. I think their tuning service is 319 bucks and gives a much better fueling and timing. I don't have their tune personally but think I will get one.
$600 seems a bit steep! I wonder if that was with a tune and install? And you are correct on our price and that no fuel programmer is needed! 

I just talked to me local Dyno shop. Guy is crazy smart. I was talking to him about getting the same exhaust for my bike. He just had one in and told me a PC is not needed for our bike. I got to hear that exhaust after it was tuned and it sounded amazing.
glad we're not just crazy :) also you're correct, no PC needed, fueling is all perfected in the flash on the dyno 

I was having a similar problem after installing my Yoshi system, but rather than the Power Commander or EJK route, I had the ECU reflashed by Nels @2wheeldynoworks, and have had good results so far. I think he just added onto the forum as a vendor!
That's us! 

Thats the person I talked to! I had Nels work on my GSXR750 a few weeks ago. Got to see a 2015 FZ-07 with an Akrpovic system on it. I talked to him about what he had to do. Nels told me all he had to do was refresh the ECU and then built the map. It ran great and sounded amazing. 
It does sound pretty wicked doesn't it!?!

Maybe the idle just needs to be raised a bit? Is there not a way to increase it on these bikes?

Current ride = 2014 Moto Guzzi California 1400 Custom

bmwpowere36m3
Maybe the idle just needs to be raised a bit? Is there not a way to increase it on these bikes?

Not without changing the ECU parameters... i.e., ECU reflash or Dynojet PC.

Archived