Sign in to follow this  
Allan

Acerbis X-Tarmac Handguards

Allan
So, I saw these while I was just scrolling through things for our bike on Revzilla. I absolutely love the look of them and I especially love the fact you can hook that electroluminescent strip up and use it as a running light. So, I looked it up on [/url]Google and I come to find most pictures of this are of these on our bikes.. So I guess these are pretty popular within the FZ-07/MT-07 community. This is the first I've seen them though. What are your thoughts? I think I'll be getting these pretty soon. I guess great minds think alike because other FZ/MT owners have already jumped on these. Haha
  • Like 1

fz07fanboy
Don't know if I can like them for that much $$$. They look cool though ;-)

Allan
Don't know if I can like them for that much $$$. They look cool though ;-)
They are expensive. I will say that. I guess they are more of a novelty that provides some function. I think they look pretty neat though and I want to add some cool unique stuff to my bike and this seems to fit the bill. Haha

Cruizin
Those do look pretty cool though.

Allan
I guess a guy at MCN reviewed them and he had an MT-07 he reviewed them with. Haha They seem to be a perfect fit for the FZ-07. I guess maybe that's why people over in Europe have them for their MTs.
  • Like 1

No Hater
Good find! Best looking hand gaurds I've seen match the FZ/MT. About $50 more than I would be willing to fork out for em though but, you never know...

Allan
If Revzilla sold them with the option to not include the light strip, it would be closer to $100, but they don't. It's ok though because honestly I would get the light lit anyways.

jon
I ordered them last weekend.
not cheap but I thought I deserved a gift from me to myself....lol
still waiting to receive them

they really look cool, this pic sold it for me, same color and same windshield

mt07.jpg
  • Like 1

Allan
I ordered them last weekend. not cheap but I thought I deserved a gift from me to myself....lol

Make sure to let us know when you get them and to tell us what you think of them. I'm anxious to hear what a member here thinks of them.

so1102
Hmmm... not sure if I really need these, but they do look sorta badass :)
  • Like 1

sorkyah
They look pretty nice, i wonder if the stock FJ-09 handguards would fit our bike

Allan
Hmmm... not sure if I really need these, but they do look sorta badass :)
Especially with the blue light strips.  ;)

Allan
They look pretty nice, i wonder if the stock FJ-09 handguards would fit our bike
That would be an interesting crossover. Look into that more and let us know!

sorkyah
That would be an interesting crossover. Look into that more and let us know!
Will do, gotta hit up the dealership tomorrow afternoon
  • Like 1

jon
I ordered them last weekend. not cheap but I thought I deserved a gift from me to myself....lol

Make sure to let us know when you get them and to tell us what you think of them. I'm anxious to hear what a member here thinks of them.
They just crossed the border to Canada today, I think I'll get them on monday or a surprise tomorrow.

jon
Got the handguards today but the insert for the handlebars doesn't fit. It needs a special insert, sent an email to get the right ones. So it's gonna have to wait.

Allan
Got the handguards today but the insert for the handlebars doesn't fit. It needs a special insert, sent an email to get the right ones. So it's gonna have to wait.
Well that's no fun. Let us know what insert we would need if we want to get them ourselves.

jon
Well, after sending an email to Revzilla, they don't have the fitting to attached the handguards to the end bars. It exist because it's listed for the MT-07 in Europe.
I sent an email directly to Acerbis and they forward me to a part number that doesn't fit either.
So I returned the handguards to Revzilla.
Even if it's a bad turnout, Revzilla answered me fast and well.
  • Like 1

vertigo
Check out the SW Motech Kobras...

sorkyah
in response to my earlier suggestion, the FJ-09 brush guards are compatible being they use a very similar bar and I was able to mock one up on a stock 07 at the dealership. The parts to complete the install however are quite numerous. Here is a link to the specific exploded view for the guards.