The MT-07 Forum

Lower Sub cowl/exhaust pipe guard/belly pan

sabgog

I was looking at @pgeldz post about his bike (awesome by the way) and was wondering if anyone has come across any other brand alternatives for the "lower sub cowl" as Yamaha calls it. I really like the look it adds to the bike and think it makes it seem more balanced and not like the engine and tank and everything are so shifted forward however the list price for it on the Yamaha Canada parts site is 375$!! :o Seems to me like Yamaha is trying to make up for the low price of the bike maybe??
I have also looked at the ermax one, which I dont mind but once I factor in the CAD to USD exchange+shipping+duty it wouldnt be any cheaper for me.
Heres a link to Paulie's bike that I was referring to if you want to look. 
http://fz07.org/thread/2583/paulies-fz-07-motogp-edition

Yea like I said in the post I have seen that one too, but I like the yamaha just as good if not better and that one is 250$ plus USD exchange+ shipping + duty so it wouldnt end up saving much money unfortunately.

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost
Yea like I said in the post I have seen that one too, but I like the yamaha just as good if not better and that one is 250$ plus USD exchange+ shipping + duty so it wouldnt end up saving much money unfortunately.
I'm going to play my ESL card here. Sorry about that. 

• Premium Member

powerbronze makes one also.i ordered one about a month ago.hasn't shown up yet-that puig one looks good.

• Premium Member
fz07fanboy

I know about the the PB as well but I didn't like it as much as i liked this one.

Well I appreciate the suggestions, so far just not liking any quite as much as the yamaha one, I just really fight the fact in my head that they are charging 375$ for a 10$ piece of plastic..

• Premium Member

Have you checked the OEM one on ebay? I found a cheaper vendor there, but I cannot speak for the final cost getting it "at the door" to Canada.

I was going to order one but decided looking at the few installed pix I could find that: 1) it would add needless weight--quite a bit of mounting frame work must be added, and 2) it doesn't appear the two pieces actually fit together in the front from the pix I've seen (correct me if I'm wrong, please) necessitating another mod on my part and I've another BIG project I'm busy trying to finalize as it is.

• Premium Member

Pyramid Plastics in the UK came out with their version recently...but I still think the Yamaha version compliments the lines of the FZ-07 best.

:)

- Paulie

@avanti Yes I did check out ebay, one I found for as low as 270$, + 21$ shipping +40$ import charges = 331$USD x exchange = 398$ CAD..yikes.  
I do agree that it really isn't a functional piece, and I have never in my life installed a body kit or anything on vehicles I've owned because they weren't necessary, but I do really like the look this adds. It is an expensive thing though as you say, for something not functional. Im thinking if I do end up wanting one I may just have to bite the bullet and get the OEM one and maybe see if my local dealer will sell at any discount.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

You can check some of the online parts sites for Yamaha parts and accessories, the one listed below is selling the OEM Yamaha Lower Sub Cowl for $291.99 US:www.yocracing.com/accessory_store/store/yoc_viewitem.asp?idproduct=686637
Not sure what the shipping and other cost are for mailing to Canada but you can check with them.

Archived